Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Getting smilies to work

Steve Hennessey

Some of the cars have a lot of bodywork damage - are the drivers reckless over there:>)

Steve

ps - can someone tell me how to use smilies - I can't fathom it out!!!

It was hailing again today - Can someone tell the weather it is summer now?

Smilies Steve - When you reply to a post you should see a whole load of the critters to the right of the box you type in. Click on one of them like this :eek: and it will appear in your post.:D

Thanks for the smilie advice Malcolm but on my screen there is nothing to the right of this box I'm typing into!!

Maybe Suffolk is excluded from having a laugh........ will just have to use dialogue instead!

Steve

That's strange, the forum is clever, but I didn't know it could work out if people were from Suffolk! Maybe you have javascript turned off in your computer.

You'll have to type the smilies in manually. Here is what you type in (my translations in brackets):

Code:
:)               (smile)
:o              (surprised) 
:D             (very happy)
;)               (winking)
:p               (tongue out)
:mad:             (angry)
:confused:        (like it says)
:(                     (unhappy)
:rolleyes:             (sarcastic)
:cool:                  (like Clementine)
:eek:                   (ook)

Thanks Malcolm,

I must have javascript turned on as I can use the smilies in other forums. Mind you, I'm not sure where to turn it on and off anyway!

Just as an experiment I'll do it manually, but I wish I could just click on the list.

:) :)

Steve

I've changed a setting at this end - the settings had become a bit confused when we changed over from the old forum. Anyone else who can't see smilies try usercp> edit options> at the bottom of the page select enhanced interface under message editing interface.

Back