Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Good working carb needed for 1100 85 F4

andymissen

LobeHole 58
In the beautiful Soar Valley Loughborough
Hi folks,anyone of you out there know where there may be decent carb for our van,we also need a good pair of brown seats for her.Dont mind where they are and cash is waiting 07846 852385 Ta Andy.

hi andy, did get your PM been bit busy ,unfortunately carburettors of any description do not like standing around so feel even if i sell you a 5 ts carb and manifold it may not be any good
from experience the van engines are slightly less powerfull than car because of lower compression ratio and feel a twin choke weber designed for 1400 5ts will not work well enoughon 1108 especially an unknown condition one
i did try 1300 ts carb on r6 -1108 and was only slight improvement but thirsty on fuel
if you are still keen i will have a rummage in friends barn after he returns from classic monte carlo next friday
r5 mk 1 seats fit van ok if you dont mind losing tipping mech on pass seat
2 dr mk 1 5 ones (gordini poss ) will tip forward if you need acesss
think original van seats hard to find in good cond + dont forget LHD and RHD different seats

cheers paul

Carb for F4

Thanks for that info Paul,to be honest i took the van to be looked at today by some old geezer in a proper old village garage(still had his brown smock and check shirt and tie on)and he messed around with the carb and put his gun on the timing but couldn't findanything wrong and said it was fine but still running lumpy.Not to be beaten he stared checking other bits and it turned out to be a blockage in the breather pipe from the carb to the manifold.Its 100% better now although a little sluggish so gonna re-do the points and valve clearances and see what happens.On the seats front,not to bothered about the tilt just want some decent brown seats that fit so if you come across any 07846852385 is my number.Thanks again and take care, Andy.

Back