Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Goodwood Revival.

Cornish4

Le Dazzleur
Hi there all, we have just got back from the annual pilgrimage to The Goodwood Revival meeting. The racing was as exciting as always, and along with the sights and sounds that this gathering brings it was as enjoyable as ever. Sadly we didn't see any 4Ls on display or even in the pre 73 car-park, but this lovely R8 Gordini was competing. Of course it was in the same races as the 7ltr Ford Galaxies and Cooper Ss, so the opposition was tough, but it was still driven with loads of gusto. A nice touch was the Estefette support van. The Goodwood girls were as gorgeous as ever, and this marriage between an XK150 and Moggie Minor Traveller was, different and quite unique. As ever a great event which we can thoroughly recommend. If you've never been to the Revival it is a must if you love old cars and racing, and perhaps dressing up in period attire.:smile:
PS, I was surprised not to see Lord Stanbury in the company of Lord Charles March, as I'm sure they are both in the same social circle, being old Etonians,:D

• DSCF3795.jpg
    DSCF3795.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCF3793.jpg
    DSCF3793.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF3847.jpg
    DSCF3847.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF3812.jpg
    DSCF3812.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 209
Hi Brian, some great pictures there..cant believe no one else has commented on them..??? the Gordini and the service van are something else...glad you had a good weekend aswell camping in your vdub (b&b)...cheat

Yes I know Andrew, we did cheat by not camping, but we did get to park in the pre 73 car-park. This picture doesn't do the display of classics justice, as there were hundreds of them there, including this line up of Silver Ghosts.

• DSCF3804.jpg
    DSCF3804.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF3806.jpg
    DSCF3806.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF3809.jpg
    DSCF3809.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
campers looking nice.....how much is that rolls line up worth....have they all got sierra 2ltr pinto engines in them? or are they really real..haha

Very very real Andrew, and I reckon a big win on the Lottery might just buy this line up. There were at least a dozen of them plus assorted Bentleys and other desirable gentlemans carriages. There was also common stuff like Jags, Ferraris and Porsches, you know, everyday motors.:D

Nice pictures Brian, like that Estafette a lot.

Liking your T2 as well - I really do fancy one but as prices seem to go ever up in veedub world then that probably won't happen! I worked at a lot of VW shows over the summer and they really are growing on me, even considered selling a 4 to get one...

Hi David, glad you like the pics, but steady on, selling a 4 to get a T2? sounds a bit drastic to me. We love our Bay but there are a lot of them about, but how about an Estafette camper? now that would be eye-catching and certainly different here in the UK. An alternative to the Citroen H perhaps.

Its alright, it won't actually happen but I would like one.

I've long fancied a 'H' or an Estafette but decided quite a long time ago that it was probably best not to ever own one, I'm fairly certain that the ownership experience wouldn't be anything as good as I'd imagine and they'd really be quite miserable to drive.

btw, that Minguar you saw :shock: :eek:

Whereas the VW Bay is a pleasure to drive, even though it's a bit slow. Ah yes the Foxbat, the price guide at the auction that weekend was £30,000 for it.:eek:

Back