Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Great Heavens/!!!!!

nigel burrows

Enthusiast
I have just returned from a startleing trip to the mot station. The first go was even more allarming, as after three months of fettleing . new floors. all ball joints etc etc. all was well apart from the brakes. i could not get a solid peddle. but went anyway. trundled slowly. car only failed on duff brakes.

so i replaced the shoes. repaired the wheel cylinders. bled the system to death. but still had long travel on the peddle. Then ureka. i noticed a nut on the rod from pedal to master cylinder. and yes it was adjustable in lenght, so i rebooked mot . and hurtled to the garage. and by eck. i had forgoten how far cars have come.!!!!!!!!, in the 40 years scince my r 4 was made. quite frightening really. the chap said the brakes were now bang on. so hopefull once i get the uk registration sorted out. i can gently ease my self into r 4 motoring.

all best. nigel ps llease excuse horrendous grammar. aet.

I have just returned from a startleing trip to the mot station. The first go was even more allarming, as after three months of fettleing . new floors. all ball joints etc etc. all was well apart from the brakes. i could not get a solid peddle. but went anyway. trundled slowly. car only failed on duff brakes.

so i replaced the shoes. repaired the wheel cylinders. bled the system to death. but still had long travel on the peddle. Then ureka. i noticed a nut on the rod from pedal to master cylinder. and yes it was adjustable in lenght, so i rebooked mot . and hurtled to the garage. and by eck. i had forgoten how far cars have come.!!!!!!!!, in the 40 years scince my r 4 was made. quite frightening really. the chap said the brakes were now bang on. so hopefull once i get the uk registration sorted out. i can gently ease my self into r 4 motoring.

all best. nigel ps llease excuse horrendous grammar. aet.

Clearly, Heaven contributed to your m.o.t "pass".
You are now free to progress with confidence in your braking capacity.
It's always worth remembering your R4 is solo-system (unlike dual-circuit)
And only fools drive faster than their Guardian Angel can fly,
N.

Back