Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Grille cover

iMacThere4iAm

Tom Long
1918707816.jpg

http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/168965369.htm

Anyone seen this kind of accessory before? I see roughly what it does, but I don't understand why.

Is it to prevent the radiator from cooling the water too much during exceptionally cold conditions?

for when the snow comes

Winter cover on the radiator grill

Hello,

it should be heat cladding for the winter time. Similar covers are well known on our cars in 70´-80´s. If you drivel in winter some short distances, the engine is not able to warm up on its running temperature, before you come to work or home. The eingine wears more and the petrol constumption is high. Hence the cover on the radiator grill ;)

Greetings from Prague Pavel

Grill cover fitted

Grill cover in place - 3 mins to fit and works well - have a heater back, just in time for the "big-freeze"

• P1240307.jpg
    P1240307.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 120
nice bit of kit-well known here in Norway-Just make sure you keep an eye on the motor-temp so you don't blow the top-gasket as it will get Really hot if left on idle or in kews.... I have an old-fashioned rad-curtain which I can regulate from inside of car together with a temp-gauge I can adjust temp to within 1degree at all times..-R.

Used our a great deal once we got the 1985 R4GTL back to Scotland between 1990-2000 after 5 years in Belgium. Problem here in the Highlands of Scotland in winter was fuel pipe freeze up and jets freezing in the Zenith IF28. The Grille Cover helped, a did re-directing the air inlet tube to its "over the exhaust manifold" position. We sold our car in 2000 with the grille cover. Nice to see one again.

T.W. Moore.
Ex Kangoo Registrar ROC

I have still the original grill cover. It's meant for the inside of the grill.
This is the third winter after the car has been passed to me from my grandfather and today I first time installed it.

Completely unknown and unnecessary here! :-D . We put cardboard pieces behind the grille when (and if...) it snows.

Back