Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

GTL electronic ignition conversion

In answer to your questions esmarra, I've had the Aldon system fitted for at least four years and it's never given any trouble. The points are no longer required and the fuel consumption I would say is marginally improved. As with Toms car, mine also starts more readily and runs smoother. Unless any classic car owner is a total purest electronic ignition is the way to go.

Hi iMacThere4iAm
When you install the AccuSpark, do have to adjust the point of engine? Or just switch, and is its work?
Where can I buy this AccuSpark kit? Because I was to see the official website, but does not appear for the brand renault r4?

Do you know somebody else that has this system "AccuSpark" in renault r4?
The ignition timing if is already set, i don't have to do anything when i install the new system Electronic ignition, right?
Can you made me a video with this system in your renault r4?

Hi esmarra,
I use an AccuSpark kit on my R4 GTL, that I bought on eBay for around £25. It does use a magnet switch. I have had it for around 2 years with no problems. To install it, I had to remove the points because this kit replaces them. With electronic ignition, the engine starts more easily and idles more smoothly, and the ignition never needs adjusting. I haven't measured the difference in fuel consumption. I would definitely recommend it!
Do you have the details of the kit type or number?

Interestingly I had the F6 at our local classic friendly garage for a pre Thenay once over and MOT and the owner was recommending the Power Spark kit. He doesn't sell them but reckons they are pretty good.

I'm reluctant to do anything before Thenay but possibly worth looking into afterwards though part of me thinks when the existing setup works fine why bother changing.

Hi, i've now assembled a HOT Spark pointless ingnition system to my R4 from 1977 with a 845cc engine with Ducellier Distributor. At same time i've changed spark plug cables+distributor rotator+caps.

Now it runs just perfectly.Strobosscope adjusting pending though.

Installation of the HOT Spark system was very easy and fitted in with accurate tolerance.
Only problem was the high price+customs from US.

3DUC4U1 ignition kit for 4-cyl Ducellier distributor
Item# 3DUC4U1 , Price with Shipping: Shipped within USA $69.99 USD

Sorry to necromance an old thread but just installed a FAST electronic ignition and had a few questions.

1) I am experiencing high RPM stalling when I gun the car or its under load, but do not stall if I very slowly increase the gas under load or have it in neutral and moderately give it gas. Is this more indicative of wrong sensor placement, or timing being off? I am fairly certain the distributor is back in its identical timing position but I did remove it from the car to do the installation of the sensor. The car sort of had this issue with its old points setup, but only until it warmed up, then ran great. It is now quite a bit more prevalent.

2) What happens to the vacuum advance once this is done? Can it just be removed? Is that normal for electronic ignitions not to need it anymore? Mine is no longer hooked up, and does not seem to be a way to hook it up with the electronic ignition components installed.

Back