Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

GTL for Restoration

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I'm having a clear out. Just too many R4s around the place at the moment, and I'll never get around to repairing all of them. Here is the first

Yvette. Renault 4 GTL restoration project

yvette.jpg

Yvette was MOT's up until last October. She needs repairs to the front floor to pass an MOT. Rear inner chassis has already been repaired (with my help so reasonably good job).

Good features - body is fairly straight and sound. New brakes all round. Still has the original rear wings so the upper rear wings are good. Corrosion at the bottom just behind the rear door and below the boot lid are the baddies I can think of. Oh, and 160 thousand miles, but runs surprisingly well, and holds the Santa Pod record for GTLs.

Bad features - Front floor was plated in the past to a poor standard and this had encouraged more rust. Chassis needs to be measured up (doing it DIY is quite possible) before and after repair as the handling isn't great. Other than that she's been repainted twice, and not prepared properly either time, so the paint is falling off. And I'm keeping the wheels (they are Ermintrudes winter tyres - was running short on tyres to get Yvette rolling again). Also the interior is borrowed from another car and I'm planning to sell Yvette with the tatty GTL interior that she came with.

Not prepared to sell the old girl for spares just yet. Make me an offer that doesn't exceed £200.

She's still around. The starter motor seems to have stopped working, but otherwise she's still her fine self.

Back