Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Head Rests

Sage103

Gordon
Can anyone suggest a source of headrests for the R4? I feel very vulnerable without them. And the seats already have mounting points. What about Croatia? Was over there in May - lots of active R4s and many with headrests.

Headrest... the dream of many r4 owner... quite impossible to find, at least in Italy... the last pair I have seen for sale was about 120 euros (too much for me) and was sold in a couple of days...

Thanks - useful information. There must be another make that has a similar distance between the headrest legs. Any suggestions? I used to have a SAAB 96 that had wide headrests but aren't many of them left on the road.

Do you have a full garage of headrest? In Italy could be your fortune.

You can find them on fast every R4 in Slovenia.
And in every junkyard is one R4 usually. Normally without gearbox or pretty thorn apart, but the headrest are always in.

So, next trip: Slovenia.
When do you have the next r4 meeting?

I really don't know, as see from the forum maybe John Doe could tell you more information.

But if I knew for one I probably would go there.

There is a R4 club in Serbia www.renault4serbia.com that covers all ex Yugoslavian states. Almost all R4's in ex Yugoslavian states are made in Slovenia so everywhere you look there should be a headrest, at least in GTL's.

The next meeting is in Slavonski Brod (Croatia) on the 27th of August 2011. We are expecting around 30 R4's. It is a general Renault meeting but this year it is all about R4.

If we only could find easier way of shipping these there would be no lack of headrests ;)

This year my holidays are gone (I have some other day to spend, but no more money!) with the Thenay adventure, maybe next year will be ex-Yugoslavia time... Always been fascinated, perhaps because of kusturica's films...
Do you have only the "holed" ones or even the "full" version?

D'oh!

I wanted the other type...
Maybe in some month i will become less squeamish...

Think it would not be a problem to find these with hole, here in Croatia.

Maybe even I have one extra pair.

Have to check.

But junkyard should have them!

If someone need them do not hesitate to contact me!

Have you any idea of the prices (delivery prices, too)?
Anyway, I do not think they will be of any use for us, because of theyr "wrong" pins dimensions...
Still in search of the "full" ones!
A friend of mine cut off the piece of the seats with the holes and welded the one of a Lancia Y in place, so he managed to put Lancia Y headrest on his r4 seats.
I have a Lancia Y parked in my house's street, it is my sister's one, she is waiting to scrap it because of the engine blowed away.
I will keep the seats, maybe at last there is one solution...

And to think I'm going to Slovenia and Croatia next month..... Can you bring headrests back as hand luggage :)

Whats the deal with the headrests then? I see there are two different sizes (ie the gap between the 'legs') but how do we know which is which or is it only the very late cars (none UK ones) that the headrests will fit?

Hi David, we've fitted headrests to our, I think Irish built 83 4, the tubes were already there with rubber blanking grommets in them. We have a friend who makes seats for the motor industry, he made us a pair, all I had to do was get some spacer-bushes made at a local engineering works to fit the tubes. The headrests are half the height of the ones I've seen pictures of and very neat. I'm going to ask him if he is prepared to make more if anyone is interested.

Mine has the tubes too... I can feel them touching the seat... I you reach in producing them like the originals (the full ones, not the holed), I think it could be a good affair... There's a lot of people in Italy looking for them...
The last pair (used) I have seen for sale for 120 euros was sold in a couple of days... Definitely too much money, for me... But if we can have a decent reproduction for about 50 euros per pair... It's worth...

Back