Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

hello any help please?

Briangrech

Enthusiast
Happy new year, Hi just bought a set of front brake shoes and drums(seen in pics) but they are way bigger than the current ones i have on my R4. Can i swap the backing plates and if yes does anyone have any for sale please?Thanks

renault-freinage-sauf-pieces-hydrauliques-machoires-frein-jeu-P84027.jpg renault-freinage-sauf-pieces-hydrauliques-tambour-freins-4l-diametre-P84046.jpg

The bigger drums were common on some models like the Spanish ones (mountaineous areas) and the Fourgonnettes (heavy loads), so yes, you could swap them.
Thanks for your reply, now the problem is to find the backing plates that match.

It'd be worth trying Steen at Stony Renault:

Last edited:
If you have bought the automatically adjusted shoes you will need the correct backplates; earlier ones with eccentric adjusters will not fit.

It'd be worth trying Steen at Stony Renault:

Thanks alot will try

If you have bought the automatically adjusted shoes you will need the correct backplates; earlier ones with eccentric adjusters will not fit.
yes that is what i'm looking for, mine are way smaller too. Thanks

The bigger drums are common on the first GTL models. I have them on 1982 GTL (made in YUG) with old interior...handbrake on the front wheels, etc...

Back