Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from France

Registration

Will let you know how we go on, car still hasnt arrived so cant get on with sorting it out, my garage is all ready and clean and tidy for once and its raining here, ideal time but no car!!.

Tune up for easy Towing?

Hi KevinandKate, Don't trust your first driving impressions - these cars 'grow on' you - it takes a little while. :cool:
You mentioned pulling a caravan (lightweight I hope) and I note that you are blessed with a 950. For increasing the hp on the GTL 1.1 the hooligan element of our number opt for the 'Hennessy Hot-Up Kit', named after it's inventor,our very own '4 Guru' Steve. It comprises of easy engine swop bits from a donor R5 mk1 (similar engine block) and I am wondering if this power enhancement is also possible for your 950? :)

Thanks Brian, the caravan reference was an attempt at humour, my trailer will be all thats hung on the back when I can find a tow bar. We are not really bothered at the moment by the fact that it will be slow, the hills around here are fairly gentle and there is usually a run up to them. A friend has just bought a 2 cv and he doesnt have aproblem around here with it, the French seem quite patient behing l'escargot so hopefully Fifi will be treated with the same respect when we hold traffic up.

Hi K&K, Great name for your 4 - we have owned 2x 'Fifi(s)'. The 4 is much more user friendly/quicker than the Dyson 2cv and you don't have to take the engine out to easily change spark plugs;). It might be useful to put a post in the wanted parts section (towbar)of the forum since we have a lot of expats/friends sojourning/commuting to uk, in many areas of La Belle France.:)

Pics posted in album

Hi all

She has arrived and been christened Fifi as all French cars have to have a feminine name apparently. It came with a full 2 year control technique (MOT) which was unexpected and they had washed off the green stuff that was growing on it. Liberal applications of T cut are returning the shine quite easily.

Kevin

Great photos! She looks good.

The late R4s (in some countries, anyway) were re-badged 'Savanne' for TL and 'Clan' for GTL, so Fifi being a 'Savanne/TL' makes sense.

She looks really tidy. Blanche is a TL/Savanne as jjad says the late 4s were Savannes or Clans. One thing all the LHD 4s seem to have is a foot pump screen wash, presumably the RHD only had the stalk screen wash button as the was nowhere on the left side of the footwell to put a foot pump.

Those are pretty boring logos!!!

I thought it was going to still be under the departements, not the regions?

Well Fifi is now registered and has been given a 24 Department plate as expected but no silly departmental logo. Yellow rear plates are no longer issued here so black on white looks nearly as nice as the old silver on black ones.

Back