Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from France !

Snoopy1974

Enthusiast
Hi everybody,

After many months of reading and speaking with us, I think that it's the moment to introduce myself. I'm 38, here is me and my wife in Etretat last year, just front of England !
Etretat 11.jpg
The rest of time I live in a little village, in north east of France, in a house built almost completely by myself, I have a boring job, not very important, and since 1994 I drive R4s. My grand father drove R4s, my father drives R4, my brother drives R4, it runs in the family :D
A. Façade N.jpg
Actually I have four R4: 1986 GTL, 1987 GTL, 1977 TL and 1968 Export, but I would like to have another ones ! One with big engine as I said on my next thread, a F4, and an early model with the first front grille. My wife also want a R4 for her job, to make an advertising support.

I discovered this forum by chance, I absolutly didn't think I would find english people interested in Renault 4 :D As I always love english language since the age of 11 when I started to study it -I hope you understand what I write :rolleyes:- I'm very happy to talk about R4 in english :hug: :hug:

Regards

Alexandre

Snoopy, what a lovely picture of you both. I do wish other people would post their photos. Except for the odd glimpse at a car event we don't know what people look like.

I would post mine if I was half as photogenic as you!

Nice to meet you! We've been following your progress on your R4. Thanks for sharing it with us!

i don't see england

Nice to see you as well, and glad you have been made very welcome and glad that us guys in the UK like our little tins on 4 wheels.

Hi snoopy, what a fantastic looking house, did it take you long to get it built?

I'll have to put some pictures up too, at the moment I'm trying to do a picture a day on Facebook bit it's not going well when I have to work 16 hour days!

I love my little Renault 4 but am considering buying an old SAAB 900 convertible before the prices go through the roof! I'll still keep my 4 though as she makes a great wheel barrow to take all my tools and engine pieces around in.

Hello everybody,

I "dig up" this thread to wish all of you an happy new year 2013, and also that all your R4 projects move forward and be finished as soon as possible :D concerning me I now have 4 Renault 4: the grey GTL that you can follow the restoration here; the TL which will be (maybe) restored this year; the F4 that I still love so much ! and the blue GTL for a daily use.

I heard recently there would be a R4 Super not far from home, so I actually wait for news from this awesome model... and I'm maybe going to buy the 68 Export actually parked at my friend Sylvain's garage...

Otherwise, pepper, the building of my house started in november 2004 and I moved in march 2008, but as you can see, if the inside of the house is finished (with 70's style ;)) many things remained unfinished like the walls and the access path, all of these are actually too expensive for me :( :(
BA. Vue ouest.jpg
The only thing which is pleasant and that costs nothing is the growing of the vegetation around the house.
K. 26.08.2012.jpg
In november 2010 I decided to build a little garage to have 2 more garage places, the photos has been taken today, and you can notice that the weather is not especially fine for this january 1st :eek:
AS. 1er janvier 2013.jpg

Hi Snoopy,

very nice place you made for you and your minions. With the four of R4 in such a lovely place, you are the true guardian of the French spirit. At least how I imagine it...missing only the vineyards :)
We enjoyed your restorations of the grey GTL and it deserves the highest rating.

Happy New year to you and other members !!!
Warm regards from Belgrade

A little post on a non-R4 subject, yesterday Sébastien Loeb had the new world record of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb: 8 min 13s 878 !!!!!

BRAVO SEBASTIEN AND PEUGEOT :hug: :hug: :hug:

Peugeots last blast before they get taken over by GM?

Well done to Sebastien Loeb!

Which will be a damm shame and they will kill them like they did SAAB!

Back