Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How to Find OEM identifying numbers

BB d

Enthusiast
Hello, all

might there be a place? -

I'm having to replace my crankshaft and it got me to wondering, as to How to find OEM numbers - Do any of you know?

Or are there other identifying numbers for part compatibility?

kind wishes

d

For your machine you need Parts Book PR 1104. This gives all the R4 parts numbers from 1983 up to the end of production in 1993.

There are two currently on eBay, one dated September 1992 which will be good enough.

OEM stands for "original equipment manufacturer", i.e. the Renault part number = the OEM.

I am using web which Jurjenz posted.
It is much easier to find parts no. than in PR books.

Hello, all

might there be a place? -

I'm having to replace my crankshaft and it got me to wondering, as to How to find OEM numbers - Do any of you know?

Or are there other identifying numbers for part compatibility?

kind wishes

d
This link works https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2013/11/16/p-r-1104/p-r-1104.pdf
Working with and looking for part number(s) with Books works faster than nowadays online slownet, and you still can find numbers when you have inernjet ;) and call someone with pstn like in the old days.

doubt you would find a new crankshaft these days easily even with part number
normally they can be reground successfully
more serious damage would make me nervous of con rod damage or even the block

Finding a crankshaft or a block should be pretty easy as there were over 28 million Cleon Fonte engines produced.

doubt you would find a new crankshaft these days easily even with part number
normally they can be reground successfully
more serious damage would make me nervous of con rod damage or even the block
me too - as search widens, considering whole engine

Finding a crankshaft or a block should be pretty easy as there were over 28 million Cleon Fonte engines produced.
I havent found one in UK, or company - looking at buying on leboncoin and using paypal maybe?

Tell me what you actually need and what engine size it is I might be able to help are you actually in the UK and it is actually 1100 you need

Tell me what you actually need and what engine size it is I might be able to help are you actually in the UK and it is actually 1100 you need
If replacing - a 1.1 or 1.4 engine - we are close - I'm in Sheffield Park, East Sussex

Back