Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How useful is your 4L?

quatrelle87

Enthusiast
My 4L is enjoying taking us out and about - even with the bikes attached to the back :D She's even coping in the heat here. We've got a camping trip planned soon, and hope to take the bikes with us again. Loving life with my 4L :D

• IMG_7553.jpg
    IMG_7553.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 220
Its nice to see a 4L being used as it was meant to be, as a workhorse but part of the family, just how M. Drefus intended. Your car is looking good.

Mine is standing still for now

But before "big job" it was like a working horse, and my pet instead of dog or cat

My everyday car to go to work and back, for pulling trailer to and from oliveyard, full of tools for work, or olives, or fresh made olive oil depending on the part of year, for transportation wine from wine maker/previous owner (my uncle) to my house, and for my joy in driving it.

One similar picture. transportation bike for local marathon race around lake near by that i was participated

P1020621.jpg

I can not wait to finish project. I miss my car

Wow, Petak, your car has had a busy life! Mine also pulls a trailer sometimes - but only carries the lawn mower and strimmer up to our vegetable garden - just a couple of minutes up the road :)
Hope your project is soon finished and you can get back out in your 4L again soon.

Well, I suppose this is one of the best uses for R4 – at the R4 scrap yard/service. This particular model is called R3 and a half because it is shortened for easier handling in a small space. It has literally independent suspension because back side is an axle with 2 wheels that can be detached by just lifting the rear end. Nothing goes to waste – recycling in it's pure and simple form.

How about that?

Mine is standing still for now

But before "big job" it was like a working horse, and my pet instead of dog or cat

My everyday car to go to work and back, for pulling trailer to and from oliveyard, full of tools for work, or olives, or fresh made olive oil depending on the part of year, for transportation wine from wine maker/previous owner (my uncle) to my house, and for my joy in driving it.

One similar picture. transportation bike for local marathon race around lake near by that i was participated

View attachment 8549

I can not wait to finish project. I miss my car
Hmm...Cannondale. You must be searching for this lightweight bike not to overload your R4 too much ;)

Mine works bloody hard. I had a land rover engine in the back recently and I asked the guy if the sump was empty he replied yes. Anyway I got home to find oil running out of every opening. Still at least it won't go rusty now

During the week transporting the sum of sheet metal mechanical parts of a Lancia Beta, to be powdercoated , and on weekend, during a mountain bike ride at our nearby Mt. Parnitha:

• 100_8345.jpg
    100_8345.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC02226.jpg
    DSC02226.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 102
16 boxes of bath tiles...
null_zpsb9b54f9b.jpg

Tip run...
null_zps33654174.jpg

How useful is your 4L?

Well, ours has been getting me to work this week, now that I've got the window clips from petak :)

The car is essential for getting to work, so I'd say it's very useful.

• r4_oct2014.jpg
    r4_oct2014.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 5
Since starting this thread (back in July last year), I sold my R4 to fund another purchase (which then led to another purchase - so I now have a 1972 2CV, 1966 Peugeot 204 and 2000 mini cooper). However, one of these may have to go soon and I hope to be able to purchase a 4L F4 soon, and this will have to work pretty hard for me.

I'm on the look out for one with tow hook preferably, and a bonus would be one that comes with a roof rack. Either way, once purchase made and the F4 is doing its job, I'll post a photo ... could be quite a wait though (I'm not the most patient of people, however!).

People didnot apprecciate it because it is old car with no spear parts. bt to me its a diamond in my hand...
its more than a work horse.:D

1. R4 carry fire woods
2. R4 carry lumber for my funiture.
3. R4 carry detergents..
sorry for pics apear in wrong directions. l upload by phone.

• 20140813_181820.jpg
    20140813_181820.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140816_151449.jpg
    20140816_151449.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1
  • 20140925_180450.jpg
    20140925_180450.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
Back