Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Identify please.

PPP

Enthusiast
Hi all
I need help in identifying a reference to the points in the photo, I know the distributor is a Ducellier, the car is a 1992 4gtl clan, I wish to change the points to an electronic ignition, I contacted powerspark but they've been no help at all sadly.
If any savvy mechanics or enthusiasts can help with my dilemma I will be grateful.
Any links and serial numbers will help too.
Thanks in advance.received_10212901467156578.jpeg

There should be some numbers stamped on the outside of the distributor body. They might be useful.

Reactions: PPP
There should be some numbers stamped on the outside of the distributor body. They might be useful.
Thanks I will look later, and will this determine which system is compatible?

Hi there, if your distributor has R224 D61 stamped on the side can I recommend an EP 141 electronic ignition kit from Aldon Automotive. Piece of cake to fit, and very reliable and effective. It retails for around £150. Regards Brian.

......and which I wrote about at length only a few weeks ago. All details are within the article.

Hi there, if your distributor has R224 D61 stamped on the side can I recommend an EP 141 electronic ignition kit from Aldon Automotive. Piece of cake to fit, and very reliable and effective. It retails for around £150. Regards Brian.
Is that different to the accuspark or powerspark kits they're around £50, but getting one of thier tech guys to commit to which is compatible is difficult.

Hi PPP, I can't really compare the Aldon product with the two types you mention as I'm not familiar with them, but the Aldon one simply has a small module that fits inside the distributor along with a magnetic sleeve that fits on the spindle. Two wires connect the module to the coil. This set up completely does away with the points and condenser.

The accuspark and power spark use the same system @Cornish4
All based on the Hall effect.

@PPP you can just buy one and stick it in. They fit any ducellier dizzy.
Thanks, if that's a universal fit, sound good to me, will I have to provide a serial number when ordering? And where are they available seeing I don't have an eBay account, I'm old fashioned regarding internet purchasing.

Back