Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Importing Renault 4 F4 van

JohnnieHaz

Hello Folks - just wondering if anyone can offer any sage advice on importing a R4 from France into the UK. Is it easy? Is it hard? Would you bother? Have you done it? etc etc.

Hi Jonny - I have a RHD F4 but looked at bringing one in and have used French trips to get parts for it. Happy to chat.

On the forum this line is many times written "Speak to Brian Whiteside at Renault classic car club about all aspects of importing a car. He knows all the wrinkles."

Looking at the prices of what's on offer, seems the cars in the UK are much the same price as the one's on the continent. So maybe I'm better off buying one that's already here.

You have choice over there, and of cars and vans that have hardly ever seen rain, snow or road salt. My car has rust but only under where the water off the drivers shoes rusted the floor from inside out., and that is just a small floor repair.

Hello Folks - just wondering if anyone can offer any sage advice on importing a R4 from France into the UK. Is it easy? Is it hard? Would you bother? Have you done it? etc etc.
Hi Just Imported this R4f4 during October which I purchased in Belgium.
Used a Shipping Agent to clear customs and complete NOVA ( could have carried out NOVA, but it was easy and customs formally confirmed by email they were happy).
Not cheap but if you are as keen as I was to get hold of a decent Fourgonette then it is a straight forward process.
Feel free to chat.
Kind Regards
Ian.

5F4C1A10-C980-4ECE-AE40-7824E404FA70.jpeg D635EA87-D66C-4EEA-B7F1-0AADB3154643.jpeg

Just done the same, 37k klm = 23k mls ish with no rust any where, i used my car imports again not cheap but knock on the door your R4 van is here sir, number plates arrived when nova was complete,
has a few minor dents but R4's all have , repeat no rust. cant believe it, just buying an Etype so it can be sold but not important

Back