Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Inlet manifold for my 1983 4GTL

Enrico

Enthusiast
I'm thinking of putting a 90degree elbow with flanges onto my inlet manifold and fitting an SU carb from a mini , has anyone done this? I would also like to get an old manifold and braze flanges on for twin su's; if anybody has one to sell/throw away please let me know.

I'm thinking of putting a 90degree elbow with flanges onto my inlet manifold and fitting an SU carb from a mini , has anyone done this? I would also like to get an old manifold and braze flanges on for twin su's; if anybody has one to sell/throw away please let me know.
why

As a newish member it seems there is a vast amount of correspondence regarding carburation problems and difficulty sourcing spares , replacements or alternatives. My car has worn spindle housing and is awkward to set, plus I like 'messing about with cars' . The su carb is simple ,easy to set once needles sorted and parts are readily available. A kit with manifold adaptor, carb and related cables and brackets could be a answer to what appears to be problematic for numerous owners. However I understand the preference to keep the cars original. Just a thought.

We had talked about this earlier, somebody in this forum is running an SU carburettor, and if I remember correctly he fited an inlet elbow from a Reliant Kitten.

Back