Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Instruments panel lamps and supports

Fernando

Enthusiast
Hello, does anyone know where I can find new lamps for my instruments panel? I need everything, lamps and supports and I need them all I guess they are 14, any kind of help is welcome.
Thank you

hi, The Portuguese shop wants 6,50 $ for each lamp (regular bulb) I have questions about the leds, do you have to do anything to them so they can work? or you mount them as they come?

The plastic support from the eBay Leds looks a little different, will they work good have you tried before?

In description of that led lights says Voltage:12V.
It means that leds are prepared (added resistor) to work on cars electrical system which is 12V.

I believe you do not need to do anything with them, just plug in dashboard.

But to be 100% sure you can always ask seller same question.

I did not buy any for R4 so can not tell you how they fit, but planing to buy as have similar problem as you. Some lights on dashboard are not working. So my panel is half way in dark.

hi and thank you ok i will order them, you know my introdution to this r4 world will be by the instruments panel,I Already have 3 and I will professionalize myself in rebuilt them as new, one of my lights also doesn't pops up, but is not the lamp,but the contact that is isolated.

Hello again I one more question, which one is the test hall?

• IMG_20160119_174659.jpg
    IMG_20160119_174659.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 9
ops typo sorry, hole I meant, I remember to read some where, that one of the holes is used to light up all the lamps at the same time so you can check if all of them work.

Do not know about that.
This is first info for me that something like that exist

After checking in my 3 instruments panels I have to agree with you.but I read that some where I will try to find that info again." My brain is remembering me of this thought., oh I thought the empty places were meant to ad more instruments,but this one is for testing"
Now I have another question. And what about the 3 types of LED available
I order the suggested above ( conic led plastic cover) to use at the" alarm lights" ( sarter.,hand brake etc)
But now I have to order the ones for illumination and I have to choose between 2 types uncover led ( no plastic cover) or covered with rounded plastic. It is all about the light spread of the lamp (angle) which ones from this tow types is better ?

Did not go that far.

On other car i have put all uncovered one but on other places, not in dashboard. license plate light, front position/park light, and festoon with 3 smd led for interior of R4. And they are illuminating good.
sorry, but can not help you more than this.

I end up ordering the uncovered ones let's see how it goes..Now I just have to it one month since I ordered them from China.

Back