Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Interesting photos

John Doe

Enthusiast
We could try to put interesting photos into one topic... So this would be my first...

dscn0564medium.jpg

..That is very interesting John..

..And a good idea..

I assume you know that a Doe is a female deer as in The Sound of Music....'Doe a deer a female deer, ray a drop of golden Bosnian sun...'

• CIMG3719 e.jpg
    CIMG3719 e.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 626
Yes :-) though it's not me who did the painting... I am doing the "put them all back together" job now, it's my faithful '75 Export, more photos/news to follow soon.

Can't wait to see those photos. My next photo isn't R4 related but I think it's nice so here it goes.

View from my house toward a nearby village.
panorama1r.jpg

P.S. You can see church on the left and a mosque on the right.

That's a brilliant photo Angel. Were the panels in bare metal or is it just the light? Don't they take up a lot of space. Looking forward to seeing more photos of the restoration.

Here's a photo suggestive of the fine racing heritage of R4s.

• motorcycle.jpg
    motorcycle.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 543
No Malcolm, they are in primer. And yes, they take up a lot of space, but incidentally this paint booth was made for buses :-). Credits go to my friend Dionyssis who took the photo.

..I assume any interesting photos are allowed?

If not remove this Malcolm but I have just got back from a weekend in Provence at a big wedding knees up.

Nearby was the Lac and Gorge of Verdon and well worth a visit - Second only to the Grand Canyon so enjoy the pics

On the Sunday night we stopped off at some friends near Carcassone - They live in a tiny village in one of 5 houses in the 'Place d'Eglise' and it looked idylic and was.........till we went to bed - All night long the church clock boomed out on the hour and on the half hour and to make matters worse, the on the hour boom was repeated after a minute in case anyone missed the first one!! Needless to say I didnt sleep too well that night so last night I slept like a log! I expect that if it had it been Malcolm in the 'Place d'Eglise,' he would have scaled the clock tower and put his socks round the clocks pendulum to shut it up but sadly I am not that clever!!

The pic with the smoke is of Grasse, the centre of the perfume world and as you can see... on fire!! Luckily I had a small bottle of Evian with me in the car and amazingly enough that little bit helped put the huge fire out!!

• CIMG3773 e.jpg
    CIMG3773 e.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 465
  • CIMG3776 e.jpg
    CIMG3776 e.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 462
  • CIMG3789 e.jpg
    CIMG3789 e.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 466
  • CIMG3791 e.jpg
    CIMG3791 e.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 458
  • CIMG3845 e.jpg
    CIMG3845 e.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 465
  • CIMG3781 e.jpg
    CIMG3781 e.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 458
Looks wonderful over there. Suspect the locals get used to the noise, but there's no need at all for that sort of thing these days when people can chose to wear a digital watch if they are remotely interested in the time.

My dad collects clocks and I have been known to disable the more annoying ones during a poor nights sleep.

..Right Malcolm..

Get your Dad tucked into a local hotel near Plaigne in Aude - (Near Mirepoix)

Give him a ladder and a B and Q socket set and let him have the time of his life up the Plaigne Church Clock Tower!!

This is Mirepoix town centre (Market day Monday mornings) - A huge square of buildings on wooden stilts - Over 1000 years old apparently and Jesse James and Wild Bill Hiccough used to tie their horses to the building under the red flag in the middle and Liberty Valance was shot while rolling a spliff under the tree on the right.

Small world hey?

• CIMG3876 e.jpg
    CIMG3876 e.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 449
Ian I can feel the pain of those Bells!

Our house is one next to the church to and we get the same damm annoying bells too, the worst ones are the 7am and 7pm ones they just go flippin crazy!

..And another interesting photo..

..Because Blueberries are so good for the health, delicious and pretty expensive, I have planted a Blueberry Patch here in France.

This is a pic of this years Champion - We all know the fingernail sized things in Tesco etc - well what about this whopper?

This is no photo manipulated pic - Its the business - 25mm - I had trouble popping it into my small rarely used mouth!!

And while on line, I am so pleased to hear that the todays Bedford BBQ run was a great success - Well done to all

• CIMG3690 e.jpg
    CIMG3690 e.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 422
Here's todays little Renault 4 found in Pouzages next to the Lidl.

Very Orange and with awful tracking, the inside edges of the front tyres were almost to the canvas!

• P1000889.jpg
    P1000889.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 515
Back