Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

It's airborne! - new tires and freshing up the rims.

Niels Svane

Renault 4TL '83, 1B1 845cc engine, Ducellier diz
The back was really hard to get in the air to put the stands in place, but the front was easy :)

Tomorrow I'll sand blast the rims and treat them with rustproofing and paint, and then the new michelins are waiting :) It will be nice to have real rubber beneath it instead of the old chinese no-names that was on the car when I bought it. I think I'll replace the brake shoes and flush the brake lines too, and attatch the new aluminium inner wings.

Kb3czy4.jpg

JLlUCXA.jpg

aQ9qaNw.jpg

You have access to a sandblaster? How fortunate you are. My wheels and tyres are dreadful.

Interested to see your aluminium wheel arch liners ;)

Nice '83 TL but to me it seems she's in need for a bit more TLC

TLC? No it's a car made for driving, not looking like a resto-piece ;) Underneath its perfectly sound and the mechanicals are in great shape! But yes in the next months I will begin removing rust, sand the affected areas, rustproof and re-seal everything. Then I'll replace the door and boot rubber liners.
http://classiccare.dk/shop/vis.asp?Id=20004&Vgr=57&SearchCriteria=&Page=1

#Paul: I only have a sandblaster for my compressor. It's only a 2,5 hp, so at some point I'll build a small blaster cabin, and fit a smaller valve on the blaster, so more exit pressure is possible. Alternatively I'll buy a soda blaster for the compressor, thus it will be possible to blast stuff around rubber or plastic without harming those.

#Jonathan: I'll grap a picture right away!

TUOfU0s.jpg

pFyBWyW.jpg

They are hard to fit though (in the front) so I'll wait until I have all the wings off anyway for grinding and rust removal. Then I can also apply new sealant.

Damn! - Those new tires really makes a world of difference :clapping: Low noise, grip and more fun to drive :)

Back