Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Its your fault Malcolm..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..And you now owe me 100 euros, as without your enthusiasm I wouldnt have bought one in the first place!!

..What pray have I got here -A R1126 / 1980 (?) and I really couldnt get it to go faster than 80 kph all the way home, even downhill!!

Anyway after a bit of vultureising I may have some bits for sale - Anyone want anything?

So its 3 and counting!!

• CIMG0204.JPG
    CIMG0204.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG0198.JPG
    CIMG0198.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 171
  • CIMG0209.JPG
    CIMG0209.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 173
  • CIMG0208.JPG
    CIMG0208.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 167
Awww - sweet. How did you get away with buying that?

Just look at that instrument panel. Is that an instrument panel you could bear to separate the rest of the car from for spares? Good to see the dog has survived between your visits.

80km/h is a bit slow - the old dear probably needs a service. Those 1126 cars should be good for at least 110km/h.

100 euros is in the post (probably). Did you get the euros I sent for the dampers? I don't dare to check my bank account.

..Mirrors..

Sorry Matt, I meant to say they are NOT a pair and as I said they are not tip top but let me know if you want them?

• CIMG0213 matt.jpg
    CIMG0213 matt.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 147
..You would be most welcome..

..to the dash board Malcolm but sadly it has a slight blemish as I hope you will be able to see.

The owner had stuck a mobile phone holder to the dask with cork squares and some sort of glue that seems to have messed up the dash slightly - Perhaps you can fix it?

While on line can you tell me a bit about a R 1126 R4 TL- The books say the car has an 839 motor and it certainly looks small - 782 cc?

Is that correct and if so you can see why I couldnt get 100 kph out of it!!

Have you got loads of old door handles, boot handle and an old rubbishy ignition barrel and key I could have in exchange, as the nice chrome ones and the ignition barrel and keys might sell well on ebay?

I assume you dont need the dash immediately but its yours at some stage!!

• CIMG0230.JPG
    CIMG0230.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 143
Hi Ian, just the nearside (drivers side on this and my car (LHD)) will be fine. Mine's fallen off!

cheers
Matt

..Message received Matt..

..Sadly its not in a very good condition at the back but I will leave it at your house. Dont mention the road as I know it but what number are you?

• 0d36_1.jpg
    0d36_1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 129
..Twas her fault Bluebell..

Ian, I'd love to have heard what Lady Stanbury said when you brought that home! :eek:

You may or not believe it Bluebell but twas Lady S that set the R4 TL ball rolling..I had had my eye on it on French ebay but was told that someone had actually bought it but apparantly he never turned up to collect it so the chap rang Kate to say we could have it if we wanted it. Yesterday she took me on a magical mystery tour and we ended up in Fontenay, bought it and brought it back home. Its in a pretty ropey state but has lots of good bits.

It also means that both boys and I now have our own Renault 4's - amazing for me but my boys are slightly confused about their mad fathers interest in cornering the Renault 4 market!!

Have you been out in my boat this week??

So heretofore five and six to you both over there in Burgundyland and see you mid / end of July ?

• r4block.jpg
    r4block.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 125
I don't need the dash Ian - I've got far too many of them at the moment as it is (from the days before mobile phone damage). Just felt you seemed eager to rip the car to shreads and have the young ones racing across the field where you ought to be appreciating the brilliance of the early cars and embarking on a very time consuming restoration programme.

Or are you waiting for that elusive Renault 3 for your project?

You may or not believe it Bluebell but twas Lady S that set the R4 TL ball rolling.......

Have you been out in my boat this week??

Glad to hear Lady S. is still letting you in the house.
Haven't been out in the boat as I heard it was scuttled by all that rain we had so I think it had to be beached safe and sound.
You're welcome any time as long as you take us out for a cruise.

..Four Khandles..

I have always wanted to get this up on the site and you have given me the chance finally Malcolm!!

Do we all remember the 2 Ronnies classic? If not and for our foreign friends, here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

Now Malcolm, do you have Four Khandles et the Ignition block and key that I asked about earlier?

Was I correct about engine size and you will be pleased to know that having reset the points from nothing to 16th of an inch, my Greeney now goes like a rocket and is already doing 80 miles per gallon!!

And I am not desperate to rip it apart - far too precious fopr that kind of behaviour!!

• Candles4.jpg
    Candles4.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 76
I've got a fair number of plastic Khandles going spare. Still got the black ones you left here. Ignition locks I'm not so sure about, especially ones I still have the keys for. They were different back in the day. Fairly sure I've got one spare.

Hello Ian, I'm "greeney from France's" son, and my dad says you will be coming over soon, i was just wondering if you were getting rid of your front BLACK grill of ur greene R4L, it would look fab on mine, if it is for sale how much would you be selling it for? thanks

..As Brian Clough would have said..

'Hello young man - The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years - On occasions I have been big-headed. I think most people are when they get in the limelight. I call myself Big Head just to remind myself not to be' ...get your Dad to explain...

Yes of course you can have my black grill as long as I can have your cream one - as Dad would say...a fair exchange in no robbery

Am looking foward to coming over to see you all very soon and my car will be an Aladins Cave of goodies for you all...

A Bientot

• Buch17.jpg
    Buch17.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 65
..Matt..

..How was Glastonbury? What was Seasick Steve like playing his MIssissippi blues with three strings - As boring as it is on youtube?

..The wing mirrow is on your doorstep.

• 1507910707_7fa1f02b90.jpg
    1507910707_7fa1f02b90.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 63
Well thank you very much that will be nice! "Aladins cave" that sounds interestingly exciting lol i will marry very well with my black bumpers so that will be good!
hope to see you soon and make good use of the good weather!
je te souhait une bonne journée x tyler x

Check out that grill again young greeney It's broken - bottom edge right side - damaged goods - yours a pristine vehicle - renegotiate;)

OH dear...Do you think it is fixable? i'm sure my dad can do something about it! no? oh well bring it along and we can see what we can do, if thats no trouble...?

..Four Candles..

Malcolm dear boy

Any luck with my four Khandles at all?

And, if any luck with the khandles, can they be with the internal lock gubbins as well?

I dont need the ignition block.

• Thilo05.jpg
    Thilo05.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 49
..Change of mind..again

..Sorry Malcolm, I only need 4 krappy khandles and a krappy boot khandle - no 'internal gubbins' needed!

And Brian, check out these for Little Greeney - Better standard??

And Tim, hows your project going?

And Matt, how Glastonbury? Is Tim's favourite band, The Fab Four from Fulham playing today on the Spherical Stage?

And Bluebell, how are the pumpkins growing?

And Team, did any of you see Gordon Ramsays' latest idea for a fish smoking machine - It has given me an idea!!

• xxyz.jpg
    xxyz.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 47
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 45
Back