Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

left handed clutch cable for sale

billythefish

Enthusiast
I sent for a clutch cable from the French connection last week for my 1984 R4 GTL but they sent me one for a left handed one instead I think, it is 670mm or just over 26 inches, so if anyone is interested let me know, if not then I'll put it on Ebay.

I might be. I'm away at the moment, back monday

Hello Billy, yes that will be a LHD one, RHD ones are no longer available. I recently sent my old cable to Speedy Cables, they can make a copy, but will have to use some of the old fittings such as outer cable end stops. Also make sure they realise you need a stepped nipple at the pedal end, I had to send mine back for them to change it, as a plain nipple didn't work. Regards Brian.

Thanks Brian,
believe it or not I found one in my old shed this afternoon ( one of many) sheds that is.

Ian,
I'm sure I can wait till you get back, so I 'll give you first refusal.
billy

Just happened to have one lying around eh Billy, that's handy.:smile:

Hi Billy, make sure you get some lubrication into the cross-shaft that carries the clutch release bearing, it can seize up and make the clutch heavy and put a strain on the cable. I've got my new cable back from Speedy Cables, all fitted now, works a treat.:smile:

The cost was £50. Fair price I reckon, and what else can we do, new RHD cables are very hard to find.

I've just checked-out their catalogue which I had downloaded, all they do are LHD, and they are cheap-as-chips, wish I had a left-hooker!:D

The cable from SCs was only £29.50, but bl--dy VAT and postage put it up to just shy of £50, still, what can you do?

Not a lot old boy, you just have to chew it and swallow it I'm afraid but always remember to have a little moan as well ,it helps.

We wouldn't be British if we didn't have a little moan now and then would we.:D
I take it your car is ok now, and up and running again.

Not quite, been watching the old Olympics most of the time and had to take the old dear out shopping, it's a hard life mate.

I think this old country has something to celebrate, we've put on a very successful Olympics, and Team GB have really made us all very proud, and how about Sir Chris, another blinder of a race today.:D

Yes my friend your absolutely spot on, what a brilliant games it has been so far, even the wife is forgoing the soaps to watch it, now that does make it something special.

What is it about soaps, and it's not always a girl thing, I catch some of my male colleagues talking about them at times. I feel like saying, get a life. Better not say too much here, don't want to upset the fair sex do we. Think we had better stick to R4s eh.:D

Soaps are for those with little or no life, so I guess we are okay in that particular department then.

Back