Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Long time no see

Mike from Spain

Enthusiast
Hello peeps, not been on for ages thro' one thing and many others!!! Still here in not so sunny Spain and the yellow peril is still going strong as my daily transport. She's due her mot in April and I need both track rod ends if some kind soul can point me in the right (ie, cheap) parts direction. I'll also need some pads soon, I've got two sets but niether will fit, think they're lucas ones.
Regarding the purple R4 if anyone remembers it (I towed it out from Anglesey on the back of my tranny) I think as it's French registered and will be costly to change to Spanish plates, I'm going to strip it down and keep all the spares. It's a shame really as it's such a good car!
Not missing the UK yet!!!!

Hi Mike.

I'm due out in Catalonia shortly. Has it been washed away? Glad to hear your still running around in the R4. I need to MOT my F6 too, being a van it has to have them 6 monthly. It does very few kilometres per year. ( I actually have to tie another knot in the handbrake cable, it seems to be the only method of adjustment). Who do you insure your R4 with, and do you get a good rate for it being a classic. I used to be with AXA, but I have not renewed as yet. Cheers Tim

Hi Tim, yes it's been torrential here in the normally sunny Andalucia!! In fact, the yellow peril konked out yesterday after taking in water via the petrol cap!!
Regarding your handbrake if the van is the same as the car there is a 10mm nut that is accessed through a hole at the back of the lever. The best tool to use is a box spanner or a long socket.
Insurance wise I have been with Linea Directa (Direct Line as in the UK) for 4 years and funnily enough my renewalis due tomorrow. Last year it cost €280 and this year they wanted the same, however, I rang them last week to see if they could do any better and they knocked over 50€ off!!! So this year €227!! Not bad for one phone call!!
MOT wise I have noticed that the ITV (Spanish equivalent) is getting more strict but still not as bad as the UK!!
Habla pronto!

Back