Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Look At This (Ouch)

mike4gtl

Mad many would insit upon
This won't polish out.

This morning I left my house as usual after rush hour, en route to work when this happened. I was still in my village less than a mile from home. The other party (he - in a Citroen Dispatch) was driving towards me, on his side of the road when suddenly he decided to turn right, across me into the car park of the memorial gardens with out even looking or indicating. I was only doing 30 but the wheels locked up and it just slid. He admits that he didn't look or even see me (whiteness's too)

Now I know my 4L isn't the tidiest one out there but I use it most days and it does everything I ask of it - but not anymore. It is now back at my workshop a waiting repair.

• p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 03.JPG
    photo 03.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo 02.JPG
    photo 02.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 3
  • photo 04.JPG
    photo 04.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 3
Oh no what an idiot, it's hard enough anyway to keep them on the road anyway :( is it going through the insurance ?

How awful, hope you are OK. Car is fixable. But what a shame.
Best wishes.

Not going through the Insurance as they will write it off. Luckily i have a good rolling body shell that i was about to scrap that will now en devour to save my beloved Clan. (as much as Ian dis approves)

the battery appears to have taken most of the impact as it is now wedged between the head lamp and cross member over the engine. It still runs and drives ok.

Bugger, I'm glad you're alright!

What you need to do is get your apprentice on the job polishing it out...

He would scrap it and buy a Saab! Also there are far to many sharp edges for me to let an apprentice loose any where near this - an angle grinder maybe...

Glad you've survived this Mike, real pity about your car though, really bad luck. No doubt a man of your caliber will have it back on the road in no time.

Have got a spare inner wing and a few bits here if chassis survived without damage no bonnet as needed for my yellow peril

Crikey! Relieved your're in a fit state to tell us all about it. At least you weren't on a push bike....

All I will say is this. I believe I came off with only slight shock and a small bump 'dans ma tete' as it was left hand drive. If I was in a uk car and the steering coloum moved I might not be so clever.

Remember forum member 'pallenuk' blue F6 getting crunched a little while ago. His was a write off

My chassis is not bent but it down need a front cross member which I will cut off my scrapper

O good! Just saw this.
You were lucky that it is LHD car

wish you easy and cheap fix!

Ready for my french trip tomorrow to visit Lord Stanbury. (many thanks to Bobble)

• clan finished.jpg
    clan finished.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 3
Yay! Good to see it back on the road again.

All being well we're over in France from the 24th of May, are you still there then?

We need to see houses...

Back