Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Looking for a Renault 4 for a magazine feature...

Writermike

Hello

Just joined the forum purely to post this.

I am looking for a factory-standard Renault 4 (ie not modified) for use in a magazine buyers guide.

If you have a suitable car with very good exterior, interior and reasonably clean engine bay that could get to a studio at Beaulieu, Norwich or Derbyshire please drop me a line at

mrenaut@hotmail.co.uk

and we can discuss further details. Petrol expenses will be covered.

Many thanks
Mike

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you who responded, I think I've now found a suitable car for photography.

From what I can gather most of the cars in the UK (that someone is likely to find to buy) would be GTLs, how likely would it be to find a pre 1968 R4 for sale outside of the club forums?

Any idea how many pre 1984 cars there are in the UK as a percentage of all R4s in the UK?

Don't want to concentrate too heavily on pre 1968s if there are only a handful here and they are all in mint condition.

Cheers
Mike

Hello Pepper

I don't really trust that website, not entirely sure their figures are especially accurate.
I'd far sooner deal with owners and club secretaries who can tell from membership numbers and attendance at meets.

Early cars do seem rare, if there's anyone on this forum who owns a 1960s model and fancies having a quick chat about the benefits / hassles of owning an early 4 please drop me an email at

mrenaut@hotmail.co.uk

Feature will be published sometime in first half of 2015 in a UK magazine - can't say any more than that since naturally most magazines don't like their feature ideas being discussed.
Sorry to be cloak and dagger about it! :p

Any help will be greatfully received.

Thanks
Mike

Back