Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Lower Radiator Mounts

andymissen

LobeHole 58
In the beautiful Soar Valley Loughborough
Hi there peeps....ok so I have to replace the rad on our F6 van....do the lower rad mounts just push in to rubber grommets or are they threaded and bolted into place ?..I did one many years ago on our F4 but cant for the life of me remember. ...anticipated thanks for some input .Andy.

Hi, the lower rad mounts are threaded with (unfortunately) nuts on the bottom that nearly always rust and are a pain to get off
but if the rad is u/s then it does'nt really matter about them snapping off, when i replaced mine i put a lot of grease around the nuts
when it was tightened.

Threaded and bolted on my GTL. Unfortunately Haynes manual doesn't say this, and I found out they were rusted/seized only after draining the system. My tip is to check that you can undo those before starting, in case you need the car to get some tools or shock/unlock spray.

Some pictures of that lower mounting points.....

To me it is much easier to understand thing if i see them

110520141166.jpg

110520141167.jpg

110520141168.jpg

If only they were all that shiny when you come to undo them very common to shear off
ok if you are fitting new rad not if only taking it out to do other jobs

luckily mine did not snap when was taking down radiator...so could put old one back after cleaning and little bit painting...

It is left to see will hold fluid inside after engine starts to run...

If only they were all that shiny when you come to undo them very common to shear off
ok if you are fitting new rad not if only taking it out to do other jobs
Aint that the truth buddy....got it off and trying to locate a new one now.....To be honest am tempted to have one made !!! Regards, Andy.

I bought a brand new radiator from mister auto posted from france £30 including delivery

Back