Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Meeting at Thenay on the Saturday

Lobster

Enthusiast
Following a discussion in the other thread, I imagine that of those who are going to be at Thenay will be there by Saturday afternoon? In which case how about a list of 'who' and 'when' for us to get to get together and ramble on about Renault 4s? So if you will be there Saturday, can you add your name below so we know who is there!

As Pepper suggested it's probably worth us having a list of everyones mobile numbers - if you want to PM them to me I can compile a list to send out to everyone before we go.

Be nice if we can get together for a group / car photo as well.

Deffinatly !!!

We could have and evening bbq & drinks (Ian are you driving or am I?)

Now confirmed I will be unable to attend Thenay I will post spare plaques to Malcolm to give away at the event or to any others attending.
Gary

What a pity!
I'm very sorry for you, I cannot meet you and thank you for the plaque...

Confirmed! Can't wait.

Had an idea to stop over on Thursday in Dover or nearby in a cheap hotel ... Big gasp! No availability ... some British Open Golf thingy happening in nearby Sandwich!

I'd rather be in Thenay!

PS How do you pronounce Theynay ... in case I get lost? I refuse to have a sat nav in a R4 . It just wouldn't seem right!! Anyway, no cigarette lighter socket!

Last edited:
Hi there, it's pronounced Tenay, the H is silent. I don't think the French use H in their speech at all, but I might be wrong, I expect one of our ex-pat friends over there will put me right if I am. Just get your self a good atlas of France, the Michelin one is excellent, and you won't go far wrong. Thats what I used last year. Sat-nav, bah, who needs that!:smile:

sorry to here you won't be in Thenay Gary-i guess its up to the rest of us to carry the flag-Can't you call in sick or someth'? Cornish4 -I guess that makes me 'orny for the Big do?? seeing the Missy and me doing a whole 4weeks out of it where's all you Ex-blighty, Now French forum-members doing stay-overs,huts,villas,rooms etc. around France??
This would be your free shot at telling the rest of us....
-R.

How to recognize other forum-members.
What about all of us wear really thick,strong glasses (at lest -6,5)mended with at least 2 different types of tape,donning our best anorac with umptenth pockets filled with minutae re the 4 - licking our 3mm pencils before jotting down details only we ourselves can decipher,and going into endless monologues No-one else understands or care about,while humming some weird Japanese symponic version of Here comes the sun?? :shock: -R.

Had an idea to stop over on Thursday in Dover or nearby in a cheap hotel ... Big gasp! No availability

I'd thought this too but found that the hotels that were available were expensive so I shall be departing Chez Lobster about 1am to get to Dover for the ferry!

What about all of us wear really thick,strong glasses (at lest -6,5)mended with at least 2 different types of tape,donning our best anorac with umptenth pockets filled with minutae re the 4 - licking our 3mm pencils before jotting down details only we ourselves can decipher,and going into endless monologues No-one else understands or care about,while humming some weird Japanese symponic version of Here comes the sun?? :shock: -R.
That's my usual garb, plus flask of stewed-tea and curly sandwiches.:D

Probably wouldn't help to distinguish us from everyone else at Thenay!

Or you could try the Pythonesque 'Quatrelle Owner's Secret Handshake', I'll remind you ...

Left hands meet, as if on gear leaver (our French friends use right hands). Instead of a vertical shake, use a light touch and twist at the wrist whilst selecting an imaginary 1st,2nd and 3rd gear in a 1961 R4. (MUST NOT be modern pattern). The one who is tallest leads and the other follows. To add a litle excitement simultaneously depress one's left foot as if double declutching and make 'horn-like' sounds.... Got that? Further details from Lord Stanbury's Butler along with etiquette lessons in 'drinking coffee from bowl' and 'how to dissect a croisant with a knife and fork'.

:hug:

That's nice...do we also have to duplicate the gear crunching when selecting first, as it was non-synchronized on a 1961 gearbox? :-D

How about we meet around the Gordini powered R4 with the rally plaque at 11:30 on Saturday morning and then go off to have lunch together at 12:00?

^ That sounds like a good idea to me.

Could I also remind people (those who haven't already done so anyway) that if they can PM me their name / mobile number I will let everyone have a list so it *should* be easier to contact each other.

Just wanted to let all of you know that I'm finally not coming to Thenay :-( ...couldn't find a second person to share the long trip to Thenay. Have a nice time at the great R4 meeting!

It is a shame that you won't be able to go to Thenay Angel. I can't go either, so I hope that there will be lots of photos posted here :)
Best wishes, Jonathan

Back