Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Megane Scenic headache

Mr calm

Hi all
I've got a R reg Scenic RT 1.6e and am having problems. The digital display usually flickers when driving and when it does, applying the brake causes the CD player to cut out. Also the immobilizer key won't work at times - using it causes a quiet click to come from the fuse box area but the doors wont unlock/lock. When this happens & you turn on the ignition, no dash lights are displayed at all except for the flashing immobiliser light & the engine will not even turn over. Is this an earth problem - any assistance will be gratefully received.

Earth is my first thought. Though I don't know how things are fused on that car. If those bits and pieces are on the same fuse it might be worth pulling the fuse out and cleaning it.

Otherwise most likely the main earth for the dash. If you can work out where that is then removing and cleaning it might sort the problem. Sorry for the generic answer - I don't know the car. Couple of others on here might be able to add specifics.

Hi Mr Calm,

were in cornwall are you?
There is a earth if i remember down on the kick panel by the accelerator pedal behind the plastic panel...try in there...

cheers
Andrew

Yup, up near Liskeard...
Thanx for replies, I shall try it all.
Just remembered other irritations (probably connected) including ABS light permanently on altho nothing is wrong with system, turning on or flashing headlights also causes CD player cut-out and clock & tripometer resetting themselves on occasions when starting. Also just noticed MOT expired yesterday but I suppose thats my fault!!!
Anyone point me in the direction of other earths I can check?

Back