Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Military 4

reo24

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,
We're off to the UK later in the month to stay at the War & Peace Military vehicle show at the Hop Farm nr Maidstone. There are over 5000 vehicles there on show & I was hoping to show my DUKW (amphibious truck) but it will not be ready. So, to celebrate 50 years of the 4 we are preparing a French army 4 - sadly not the Sinpar. The shell has had its first coat of matt green & is looking good!

• DSCF8448.jpg
    DSCF8448.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCF8449.jpg
    DSCF8449.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 221
The DUKW must be a sight driven on the road. Would love to see pictures of that.

Military R4 sounds fun. Are you planning any accessories?

I left goodwood in 2007, and went to hop farm for 2 days, it was very green, Mental it was, Must cost some people a fortune in fuel,

The only accessories will be the French military markings. This was never a combat vehicle. Mind you, widen the body & put it on a Hummer chassis - pause for thought.
It will be for sale at the show,though, as it is one of our low mileage cars (65000 Kms).

Good morning Reno24
After a little research and a tip from Malcolm on this nice forum , I now believe that I have purchased your army green beauty this month.
I found it soaked in a car park in Windsor where a movie company had been using it for an old french film made recently. Once they finished the film they advertised it on eBay so went to see it and felt so sorry for it all full of water from a couple of water leaks. It was flooding that Sunday and had a quick check over.
I knew this was a great little car beneath all that water was a clean gem.
It is now totally dry and will avoid rain at all cost cosy in a garage .
So all I all a beautiful car and I hope that it is indeed your car as it would be nice to know where that cool green came from :)

Back