Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My F6

harbourseal

Renault R4 Lunatic
Having bought my F6 in September 2009. I've had plans to do a rolling restoration .

I'm not a welder an had no space to do any work my self Ive had some things done to its Floorpanels and chassis by A welder who does only R4 restorations.
http://renault4.weebly.com/robert-f6-2e-part.html

Last spring I did put in an other engine. I replaced the 1108cc engine for a 956cc with 44HP from a Renault 5TL. Although the it is an engine from 1978 it runs better and smoother than the GTL replacement that the previous owner put in.

Last September I got a hold of an old bus company's chassis repair shop in the south of the Netherlands.

So I could finally start with some really needed body work.

The main thing was that the previous owners had cut out the sides to put in windows. After some time they put in flat steel panels that were held in place with screws and body mastic of a rubbery sort.

After 2 weeks of cutting puttying and sanding and more sanding. I decided that it was time for a fresh coat of paint.

Having an original Dutch car I decided that it had to become a dutch theme car.
And I chose for the color of the Dutch forestry department in the 1980's

Having ran out of money I bought industrial paint and rolled it on with a roller.
The result is quite good. But it needs some extra attention to get it really smooth.

That will be the next project for the springtime.

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 28
so have i Pepper...still in the boxes

Thanks guys, My alloys are going for refurb. this winter.
they'll look nice and shiny next summer. foto's will follow then.

Grtz Robert

Mine need refurbing, I'm going to get them done then put a set of winter tyres in standard size on in case I take the car back to France.

Back