Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My R4 nostalgia trip

Or try here. The telephone number is in the top right corner. He is a parts dealer from here in Denmark, and has just cut down from a 2000 sq m warehouse to only 600 sq m :) He has nearly everything.
http://www.renaultdele.dk/10-kontakt_os.htm

Look what I just found if it's any use let me know if you haven't already sorted 1

• 20150916_164934.jpg
    20150916_164934.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2
OK, so I'm a complete muppet, as in the process of cleaning out the carb & jets to cure the sudden reluctance to idle off choke, I have dropped the small brass (?) ferrule top to the accelerator pump rod that the other horizontal bar slots into on the Zenith 32 IF7 carb!!

Aaarrrggghhh! I may yet find it, when I crawl beneath the car in day light & feel along the various ledges & edges of the chassis around the engine bay, but for now I'm a little stuck!

Does anyone have either a spare one or indeed a whole carb they wish to sell?!

It's the brass coloured 'top' to the vertical pump rod in the attached pic:

Zenith 32 IF7.jpg

Looking for you in the morning
Will contact you by facebook if I am successful
And then tell you off for being careless☺

Looking for you in the morning
Will contact you by facebook if I am successful
And then tell you off for being careless☺

Ha, ha! I've been beating myself over the head with the R4 wheel brace ever since I dropped the bloody thing!

I found you a carburettor reluctant to dismantle it as these are gold dust now will send you just the peace if you can get 1 made and use it as a pattern20150924_104757.jpg

Hi Lobster, if you do there's a nice bottle of something in it for you! I see you're in Lancs too, so I can collect.

Thanks all

Nick

If there are any remaing bits knocking around I would be keen to have them. Just need a mixture screw for mine.

Over the weekend I made a tentative start on stripping & cleaning out the interior. True to the backstory, this is definitely a car that has spent its working life on or around a farm as I must have brushed & hoovered out half of a field from the rear of the car!

Good news is that under the soil & straw, the interior is clean & shiny with only normal wear & tear evident.

Got to jet wash the rubber matting before putting it back in, but otherwise quite happy with what I've found thus far!

Got to strip the front seats & matting out next, clean the seats & door cards etc, but here's a couple of pics of the compost heap that was the interior!

IMG_7221.JPG

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7224.JPG

And then the rear compartment after a quick brushing & hoovering, along with the wheel colour that I'm thinking of to contrast with the bodywork...

IMG_7228.JPG

IMG_7231.JPG

Hi guys, please can you experts advise where in the rear compartment I should be looking for the live feed to install the rear fog light?

Many thanks

Yet more questions guys, sorry!

The temperature control knob appears to be either siezed or really stiff - or am I doing something wrong?

Might dismantle the thing & have a look at what's going on behind

Cheers
Nick

Hi guys, please can you experts advise where in the rear compartment I should be looking for the live feed to install the rear fog light?

Many thanks

In the left rear leg of the chassis should be an orange (maybe) cable which is the posistive for the fog lamp. The negative is everywhere in the car.

Back