Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Myrtle. 1985 B Reg 1100cc GTL

Firstandbest

Enthusiast
For Sale. Myrtle. 1985 B Reg 1100cc GTL

Hi Team

You may have seen my posts putting Myrtle up for sale this spring. I've had some responses but nothing so far has followed through. So, I'm now inviting offers in the region of £2,400. The car is at home, garaged, in West Wickham , Kent. - 10 miles south of London ; 15 mins North of Junction 7 (M23)

For this the lucky buyer will receive a very sound car. When I purchased her in 2011 from a fellow enthusiast I arranged for Derek at the wonderful Renospeed Garage to undertake a full mechanical assessment and we replaced various parts to ensure she was safe in London traffic. This included steering rack, track rods, brakes, fuel pump, petrol tank. Work was completed with replacement front wings and bonnet, sprayed to perfection painstakingly by Derek. I should add that these were not replaced due to crash damage! Just wear and tear.

Myrtle then completed an enjoyable trip to Thenay for the 50th Anniversary Party. Health, work and family circumstances prevent me from enjoying Myrtle as much now and she sits in our garage, having a regular local drive to keep in trim!

Taxed to August, MOT to Jan 2014 New battery last month. Ready to drive away and enjoy!

Recent photos are on my album.

Please Private Message me if interested. This car is affectionately known to many members on the forum and appeared in The July 2011 edition of Classic Car and Sportscar magazine as part of the 50th Anniversary article.

Renault 4 for sale?

Hi There

Is 'Myrtle' still available? She's the ideal presaent for my Francophile wife's 40th Birthday present!

regards

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes! Out and about locally in her today drawing glances ;). Please PM me if interested. She would make a lovely present with a bow tied around her!

Best

Mark

Andymcl. Not heard from you so have assumed decided not for your wife. Best Mark

Hi Clanman (and all)

Photos are on my Album. Click on username and the album link is on rhs. Please PM your email address if you'd like more. Best Mark

Hi

Is your Renault 4 still for sale??

I am very interested and would like to chat with you about it?

Cheers James

Hello James
Thank you. Myrtle is still for sale. I'll PM phone number. She likes West Sussex and especially Brighton where her bright colour blends in!

Best

Mark

Morning all

Interesting experience selling a car here ! Several tyre kickers (no follow up response and one who upset Myrtle saying he couldn't live with the colour when I sent photos!) . Ah well , cest la vie!

She is an excellent little car but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks Wombelina. I wish we could have met on price and I hope you find the R4 of your dreams very soon :)

Still for sale , negotiable, but only to members who have been registered for three months and made a post!

Best wishes Team.

Mark

Hi James. Thanks. I sent a private message with phone number. Have re-sent.

Best.

Mark

Hi James
Not sure if you got my latest pm with phone number. Either way please let me know. Otherwise thanks for enquiring and I'll assume not for you.

Team - Myrtle comes with some spares including 2 new water pumps, brake, accelerator and clutch cables, complete spare new exhaust system with silencer box. Oh, and a spare wheel and tyre! Other Gtl bits. Also spare four doors, tailgate, glass, windscreen.

Collected over time for peace of mind!

Mark

Spare doors

Would you consider selling your spare doors separately? I am looking for two rear doors and possibly two front doors to help my restoration along. What sort of condition are they? Also looking for front headrests? Michael

Hello Michael
Thanks but sorry. I want to give Myrtle's new owner first refusal for longevity. But should this change I'll let you know . Mark

Doors

OK - no problem - thought I'd ask! - if anyone has doors in good condition and / or headrests I'd love to hear from you! Michael

Hi Mark,

We would so love to give the car a new home but our budget is even more diminished at the mo

Best of luck finding her a home x

Last edited:
Bless you and get well soon Mr Wombelina. How unpleasant. But hopefully a rest in the sunshine will help! Take care and thank you. Mark x

Back