Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

NEC Classic Car Show

RCCC is going to NEC and are planning to Show Robert Dorans 4GTL .I am not sure if Brian Hunt has his GTL on the ROC stand Gary

Bad timing on my part, I'm off to the USA next week to visit relatives I've not seen for many years, so I've missed the chance this year to take Marigold to the NEC:(. The ROC are displaying two 4Ls I believe, one of them a Plein Air. Hope all of you that do go have a great time. I will be thinking of you as I sit in a diner somewhere drinking a Coke and scoffing a burger.:D

Saturday is a good day to go, although Friday (press day) is better but more expensive. On Sunday every man and his dog goes, so you can imagine the crowds. Enjoy.:D

Well I can't go on the friday because I'm going rallying with Bristol University Motorsport club, and I can't go on the sunday because I'm going to watch the WRC in Wales. It's going to be a great and car-filled weekend :D

One of two R4's on display at the NEC. The other one was permanently surrounded by people and so I couldn't photograph it. The 4 CV was nice as well.

• 11112011142.jpg
    11112011142.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 11112011143.jpg
    11112011143.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 258
Yes that was Robert Doran's Car (speedwayrob).
Just finished restoration and already he is looking for another.

Image015-1.jpg

Thats my parcel shelf in Roberts 4...haha...i contributed to the restoration...if he wants another project he can finish mine

It was a good weekend and RCCC picked up 4 new R4 members.
The R4 on display was very popular and Robert was kept busy talking to people who had once owned them or would love another.

With the 4 new members that takes us to 56 R4 members in the club.

Last edited:
Is anyone going this year? I'm thinking of going on Sunday and I reckon I've figured out a way to cheat the £10 parking charge at the NEC too :)
RCCC will be there again in hall 7 near the food outlets. No R4s this year but all members feel free to come to the stand and take the weight of your legs.
If you are not a member and want to join you can do so at the show.Robert has Just sold the blue 4 we had planned to show so he will be bringing his red R12.
Gary

I'd love to come up, but I hate the charges, hate crowds, hate the coming by car tax!

Maybe next year I'll do the Friday, think I'd rather pay the extra and come by train though.

Back