Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

need to find Who & Where to rebuild master-pump

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hi gang.. Last few bits to sort out b4 the AlpineV6T needs Mot..
as a new main clutch-pump costs €200 plus post/VAT and WhatNot and rep-kit doesn't seem avail.
I need your tip on Who can refurbish it with new seals,light honing,new spring. Up here it looks like
all the firms doing such work has gone to the great auto-heaven.....

I'v never seen 2 independent faults enough to make it totally useless in one pump at same time..
first of all Valve pushing fluid into cylinder is only 0,5mm and was all clogged-up so NO pedal..
secong-the internal spring (for maintaining very slight overpressure into system for stand-still etc)
was broken in 3 pieces !! It's got Very little tension is made of spring/sprung(?)heat-treated metal
coned and angled both ends so not a CheapChingChongChromed-part..Hmm
Mainpump made by BENDIX F. by the way..

Last edited:
Screenshot_2015-08-11-18-17-13.png Screenshot_2015-08-11-18-42-06.png Screenshot_2015-08-11-09-41-58.png Screenshot_2015-08-11-09-46-53.png I can help you with this as had same thing with alpine A610
Simon auto in Germany sell kit but no stock when I tried
Tried to fit gta master cylinder which I got from my friend and threads different
Ended up removing piston and internals
Bought a honing tool and rebuilt it my self
Had to buy 2 legged honing tool as 3 leg ebay one said 19 mm but 22 is as small as it would go
That sorted one out 4 weeks back
Next was finding bits to reassemble the gta one as it was needed for a v6 renault 8 !!!!
Contacted a seller on ebay who found link to his last one in stock in lithiunia took 3 weeks but was only 8 gbp in postage
Took R8 one off to find slightly different design but once stripped seals are identical
Problem with this type is taking circlip out does not release piston and there is a roll pin
This kit is used on peugeot 304 and simca brake and clutch master cylinders
I honed and resealed the earier type as the output threads were different on gta
I am fitting it to car tomorrow I have got loads of screenshots and Web links to cross reference part numbers it is possible to get a complete kit with piston and spring too
Do you use whatsapp or facebook messenger as inserting links and pics on here is hard work as i've got to find and insert one at a time Screenshot_2015-09-23-09-58-23.pngScreenshot_2015-09-23-09-58-45.png Screenshot_2015-09-23-23-09-06.png

This what you need if your cylinder has roll pin
The gta and 610 I stripped had no pin just circlip

• Screenshot_2015-09-24-00-00-01.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-24-00-00-01.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanx much for your kind offer Paul-will get in touch asap.Very busy stripping out Roffens old motor/gearbox etc by now.. -R.

Hi again Paul! -looks as if I've found a source for repairing the old clutch master-pump quite near here,they've actually gone out
of business but I am told they have a large stock of NOS-parts so it looks I'm ok after all. -Thanx again for your kind offer to help out!
-R.

Back