Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Need translation advice

elch101

Enthusiast
I'm waiting for an answer that does'nt come. Now I need a very carefull phrase for a second request.

"You can give me a sign..."
"You might give me a sign..."

How to say or maybe better ideas?

Hello, can you give us more information? How did you contact them the first time? It might be that the message didn't get through to them. So it might be an idea to start by writing:

"Hello, I tried to contact you on <DATE>, but am not sure if my message got through. Please can you let me know if you received it. I'm copying it here again, in case you didn't get it. Please can you let me know ..."

I just realized I should have put this into the forum "cafe". I'm sorry - little absend-minded.

My question was just about a little problem in private chatting. To make the request not to sound brash.

But thank you very much for your reply. Your suggestion will be very useful in an other case. In many bigger German companies we do have the fact now that half of all extern requests seem to decease at some unknown desk without being answered. The important ones aswell as the trash.

its a well known fact that when a request is too big or too complicated, it goes into "file 13"

Back