Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

new boy on the block

altatlock

Enthusiast
just bougut a couple of 4s,yes I know Im losing it desperate for a drive shaft and clutch kit they are both 68ters early I guess asthe ones I have bought from good sources think it must be earlier shorter and much lighter in construction with shorter splines on the hub end theoriginal opprox 19mm dia as to the new one offered at 23mm approx much bigger splines as well.The clutch pressure plate is also smaller approx 180 mm across .disc about right. Is there anybody out there who can help please.Also please dont advertise any cars for sale on ebay.until I am cured.Al tatlock

Greetings Al, it's nice to know there is another R4 fan down here in Cornwall. I think that makes three on the forum. Brian.

I make it 4 Brian, yecalsemaj is in Helston also, maybe we can have are own kentish run in Cornwall...lol

Hi Andrew, so with Als' 2 cars, and your collection we have a good number of 4s between us. So a Cornish run could happen. Just a thought, if we all had at least one 4 on the road next show season, we could perhaps do a few show as a group. As it is such an important year in the 4s history, it would be good to remind people of this great little car, and have a good laugh in the process. Brian.

Im probably the youngest boy on the block

Well lucky you Mike. I'm just young at heart, as a lot of us oldies are! Brian.

Haha, I have found you cant buy experiance though anywhere. Thats why i just get stuck in.

I think it helps to work on a variaty of cars ranging from Austin 7's to Citroen BX's and R4's. Mike

Spot on Mike, you can't beat a bit of variety. I cut my teeth on an Austin 7 when I was an apprentice, and no they weren't in production at the time :-) and had a few old cars since then.

Getting there

You must be quite a young bunch out there,cos when I started the wheel hadnt been invented. I think I have got my clutch sorted,just the drive shaft to sort ,then the 4 experience can begin,thanks for the chat this morning Andrew.Al

I am a mere 23

Back