Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New found love in the R4

Dan

hi everyone!

I recently got back from travelling round western/eastern europe and in eastern europe I saw 100's of R4's all in pretty good condition too. I'm looking a getting a car now I'm back and would love to pick up a R4. I don't know too much about them but my Dad is a dab hand at fixing cars and has worked on them before. So any info on would be great, especially any going for sale.

Hi Dan,

Good to hear you have the Renault 4 bug. One option is setting off on a road trip to a foreign place with lots of Renault 4s around and driving one back (the most fun way - if someone would do that and write an article with lots of photos I'd be keen to put it on the website). In the UK car supply is starting to dry out, but there is a list of places to look in the places to look for a Renault 4 guide.

For a starting point of what to look for check out the guides section of the site.

I could write an account of my driving a 1990 Clan to Switzerland and Back (from Mallorca) but it was quite boring really. For those who want a rust free example, there are plenty knocking around in Spain for good money. www.segundamano.es
www.autoscout.es

hi everyone!

I recently got back from travelling round western/eastern europe and in eastern europe I saw 100's of R4's all in pretty good condition too. I'm looking a getting a car now I'm back and would love to pick up a R4. I don't know too much about them but my Dad is a dab hand at fixing cars and has worked on them before. So any info on would be great, especially any going for sale.

see my advert in for sale section, a very very soild r4....

Back