Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New member - Hello!

brummie steve

Enthusiast
Hi

Just a quick hello to everyone. I would like to say that this is a brilliant site...thanks for all th einfo and technical guides, I have passed the address on to some french friends ( I suppose at this point I should mention that I live in France) who take part in "Le Trophy" because it is such a useful site.

We are just in the throws of buying our first 4L, in fact we are collecting it on saturday. Hopefully we will have it up and running fairly soon. Once we are up and running we will have to organise an owners meeting over here in the mother land!:roll:

Did you pick up the Quatrelle yesterday? Does it need a lot of work for the CT? We must have come quite close to you on our R4 road trip a couple of weeks ago.

Yep, we got it ok. It's not too bad. Needs a bit of work. The inside is in very good condition. It has had a few scapes. We are going to fit two new back and one new front wing, one A panel, back brakes, and a spray job ( purely because my wife wants it a different colour - Lilac, like the old jaguars!)

We bought it on ebay, so took a chance that it would be ok. As there is no salt on the roads here the chassis is like new with the exception of the rear seat belt reinforcement, as per clementines web site. There are no holes in the wheel arch, just the pressed reinforcement panel - is this serious? The top of the inner wing where it joins the front wing is a little rotten, but the fixing holes are intact and the only other thing is the back of the rear door, as with clementines web site again, but not as severe.

We are in the centre of the morbihan, roughly on the junction of two roads - Vannes/Pontivy North/south and Rennes/Lorient East/West.
url]

Back