Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New Old Stock Renault 4 1968

Nice find! I love all the old cars. From my really dodgy German, it seems they are a mix of NOS cars (some of the Fiats) the others being various low mileage trade-ins in Denmark. It looks like the NOS Fiats, not having been registered before, may be ineligible for registration now because of emissions rules.

That R4 looks like the roughie of the bunch though. Having a 1966 model early type front bumper, with the raised crank handle hole, on a later bonnet model car. Also the number plate holder appears to be painted in body colour, all the ones I've seen have been in black. But from thecaption, that car can be yours for 2800 Euro.

Hi guys! The R4 on the pic.looks Perfec'
if buying(unseen)from Denmark BE AWARE that (all)cars rusts at an alarming rate in Denmark due to fact that it's flat as a pancace and
there's always wind in from the sea -All sides! (just a head's up!) -R.

Well ive never seen a place like that before...what a load of odd classics...

are they all for sale or is it someones collection..

Some dealer just didn't sell all his cars, and kept them instead apparently

Those more recent 127s in the pictures just aren't appealing at all yet the original is very nice. I wonder why they ruined it...

I wonder why they ruined it...

Because it comes from the era when manufacturers thought odd tacked on bits on older clean designs looked good. The same era that also introduced the Renault 4 Safari...... :-)

• R4 safari.jpg
    R4 safari.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3,321
Back