Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

No longer available / hard to find parts fabricating

angel

Enthusiast
As the title suggests, I got myself a 3D printer in order to be able to reproduce, in small quantities, parts that cannot be fabricated by other, economically feasible, means.
From this post I will let you know about which parts are available after I do some real life testing, to ensure they fit OK and last as well. I have a list in my mind - starting handle and bonnet prop clips, sunvisor mounts, fork shaped parcel shelf support, gearshift lever bushes, post-81 sunroof front latch parts, steering rack end bush...the list goes on and on. Suggestions and ideas for parts to add in the list are always welcome, of course. In theory any plastic and most rubber parts can be fabricated. I use ABS plastic for most non stressed parts, but I got a reel of Nylon to experiment with parts that need to be stronger. I have been experimenting with thermoformable polyurethane, tests will tell if it is suitable for parts like the anti roll bar to chassis bushes.
The first part I fabricated is the pair of ratchets that hold the dashboard vent flaps closed or midway opened. Here is the result:

IMG_20220123_145705.jpgIMG_20220123_151013.jpgIMG_20220123_151026.jpg

Hi there Angelos-Nice idea by the way.. I would like to point you in the direction of the female -the one half of the hinge (roof-side) holding
the Girafon on the F4 and different one-on the F6. I'm not sure exactly How strong you can replicete in in 3D -or indeed how strong it needs to be,as I'm not looking to use it between roof and Girafon. .what I need is these 2 half-parts of the hinges mounted on the inside-"rail/profile" inside rearcompartment so that on sunny/hot days I can lift off G. from roof and go "cab-down" slide G sideways into these replicated hinges already mounted on said profile-possibly with a small clip or rubber chock on the low end to keep it from rattling around or falling off... -Reid.

@orsome: I think such handles would be easier to turn than 3D print. Easy to make, though, if you don't care about the matt finish typical to ABS material. To get an idea, here is a first attempt for the finisher ring on the gear shift lever tube:

IMG_20220123_145717.jpg

@reidalpine: I have to get some measurements of the Fourgonette hinges first in order to come up with a drawing.

Great idea Angelos!

Plastic parts are worst when you need to find one

As the title suggests, I got myself a 3D printer in order to be able to reproduce, in small quantities, parts that cannot be fabricated by other, economically feasible, means.
From this post I will let you know about which parts are available after I do some real life testing, to ensure they fit OK and last as well. I have a list in my mind - starting handle and bonnet prop clips, sunvisor mounts, fork shaped parcel shelf support, gearshift lever bushes, post-81 sunroof front latch parts, steering rack end bush...the list goes on and on. Suggestions and ideas for parts to add in the list are always welcome, of course. In theory any plastic and most rubber parts can be fabricated. I use ABS plastic for most non stressed parts, but I got a reel of Nylon to experiment with parts that need to be stronger. I have been experimenting with thermoformable polyurethane, tests will tell if it is suitable for parts like the anti roll bar to chassis bushes.
The first part I fabricated is the pair of ratchets that hold the dashboard vent flaps closed or midway opened. Here is the result:

View attachment 29674View attachment 29675View attachment 29676
Angelos-my flap is hinged so to open/close from Bottom..(R2106) -84 would your hinges fit "other way round"? -one of mine drives me crazy as it keeps flipping open/close or just acts as a live spoiler.. -Reid

Last edited:
Here are some more parts:

Final version of shift lever tube finisher ring:
IMG_20220205_152516.jpg

Wheelbrace holding clips:

IMG_20220207_205939.jpg

Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushes. I made them in 12mm, 16mm and 17,5mm (5 Alpine Turbo) inner diameters, both with external flanges to hold them better in place, and unflanged. Currently fitted on my cars for durability testing.

IMG_20220130_123319.jpg

New arrivals...

Caps for door lock levers:

IMG_20220312_112900.jpg
IMG_20220312_112544.jpg

Tailgate prop spring cover. I made it in an off white, as there is no material available in the factory grey-beige. If there is sufficient interest, I'm thinking of making a small batch and spray them in the correct colour.

IMG_20220311_204051.jpgIMG_20220311_204036.jpgIMG_20220311_203720.jpgIMG_20220311_203811.jpg

Parcel shelf rubber bobbin - in polyurethane:

IMG_20221228_104405.jpg

For sunroof equipped cars, part no. 79 03 081 012 / 71 29 998 182. It's the plastic pin for the rubber holding tabs:

IMG_20221228_104253.jpg

I also made a "beta" version of the body side front part latch. The factory part has two D-shaped extensions either side, to hold the trim around the sunroof opening. On the car I was working it was absent, so I didn't need these.

IMG_20221224_160228.jpg

The basic layout of the fragile post-77 sun visor mount.

IMG_20221224_160317.jpg

I'm also experimenting with 3d printing polyurethane upper wishbone bushes. I fitted a set on my R5 Alpine, and another on a friend's R4 to evaluate them. Disappointed with very poor quality and inexistant durability of current reproduction bushes...

IMG_20221230_193740.jpg

Back