Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..No mud in Burgundy?

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
You have got to be bloody kidding Bluebell - Burgundy is the colour of mud!!

Here are three pics of locals going to work at rush hour near Cormatin in Burgundy - No mud?

And below are pics taken in the Vendee - My neighbour Lawrence sporting a fine pair of Lillywhites tennis shorts, his new digital camera, a trilby to keep the Vendee sun off his head and a pair of very expensive Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses going off to play a 3 setter in Lucon. As usual and I find him a bit strange about this but, as the book suggests, he always has his tyre pressure checked before setting off each day.

The second picture is a typical street scene in our local village Mareuil sur Lay when the news got around that Eric Clapton was in town buying bread - He has just bought the house next to us!!

I am hoping he will play a concert for my birthday on the 23rd of May in our garden and then release a live album - Eric Clapton - live Au Moulin Bodin

So Bluebell - Mud mud, glorious mud, there is nothing quite like it for cooling the blood. So follow me follow, down to the Cormatin hollow, and there let us wallow in glorious mud...

• photo03.jpg
    photo03.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 59
  • err_2449_1.jpg
    err_2449_1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 58
  • waterspol.jpg
    waterspol.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 58
Would that it be true, Ian. Relocating to a tropical paradise like Burgundy might be a novelty for a few days but weeks and weeks of relentless sunshine and blue skies are difficult to cope with. Coming from sunny Leeds, it's not too much of a change for us....

Here is Blanche on the way to the local supermarket.

(Apologies to Lucie)

• 2cv-desert.jpg
    2cv-desert.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 59
Living in Timbuktu Bluebell?

..Wow Bluebell and I thought you said you have moved to Burgundy not Timbuktu!!

If that is the highlight of your day - a dusty trip to the supermarket for a light breakfast of sausages, eggs, bacon, beans, onions, tomatoes, chips, a couple of rounds of lightly done toast and a cup of all milk coffee followed by a trip down the aisles to get some dates, some Camel's milk yohurt, some scorpion tail flavoured cheese and a tonne of couscous, then I sould move back to the real world.

Here are some pics of normal people going to the supermarket - its great fun and some people even wait by the side of the road to watch Renault 4's drivers going shopping!

And before you ask, yes, that is Thierry Henry in the red Renault 4 on his way to training after a trip to our local Carrefour having bought a couple of huge tins of healthy and energy giving Tete de Veau and Mogettes for his lunch.

Talking of TIMbuktu - How is the digital photography course going Tim?

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 4d8e845f.jpg
    4d8e845f.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 45