Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Not quite a Quatrelle........

Hi Iain
What a lovely car - hope it brings you many years of enjoyment!
I happened to be in Gothenburg in October 1978, and wanted to visit a friend on one of the islands (Tjörn). I mentioned this to another friend one evening; before I knew what had happened, a friend of hers had given me his keys and said 'Take my car - I'm not using it this weekend'. His car, of course, turned out to be an immaculate Amazon, and I've never forgotten that drive, the amazing autumn colours or the kindness of the Swedes I met.

Hi Iain
What a lovely car - hope it brings you many years of enjoyment!
I happened to be in Gothenburg in October 1978, and wanted to visit a friend on one of the islands (Tjörn). I mentioned this to another friend one evening; before I knew what had happened, a friend of hers had given me his keys and said 'Take my car - I'm not using it this weekend'. His car, of course, turned out to be an immaculate Amazon, and I've never forgotten that drive, the amazing autumn colours or the kindness of the Swedes I met.
I bought this car not too far from Gothenburg/ or Goteborg, as the Swedes call it. It's a strange country but incredibly beautiful, with fabulous lakes, woodland etc. Colours can be amazing. And this is our 5th Amazon - last one was a rare 123GT, sadly sold. We now have two R4GTLs, having bought a 1992 Savane this morning., and the Volvo Amazon. The new Quatrelle is here in France, has fabulous chassis and undercarriage etc., and reputedly did the Paris-Dakar Rally some years ago - an originally French LHD car that was imported to UK in 1997 before returning here a few years ago! Who knows, but it's a good, solid car and we're very pleased with it!

Back