Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Nuts!..........Wheel Nuts

politeperson

The restorator
Had a shock today.

I ordered a new set of 12 plated wheel nuts for my 1991 4TL as they are letting the car down. Rest of the car is mint.

This was from my local Renault dealer.

They are the type with the hole in either end.

I went to pick them up expecting a bill of about £30.

This estimate was on the basis of a set of Defender wheel nuts (big heavy things, 23 in total) being £50.

Shocked to find that with the "discount" they were £101.

If it wasn't for the fact the rest of the car merits them. I would have walked away. I bought them.

Thanks Renault. Should have asked the price first. What a pillock.

Language Timothy

I was not a polite person. I was quite Germanic.

What part of the Languedoc are you from?

My wifes family has a place South of Carcassonne, North of Limoux near Belvez-du Razes called Lamotte.

James

Rodeo

Just noticed you have a Rodeo. We have a mint one at Lamotte which my wifes grandfather has owned from new. It is on the button and bright orange (sorry no photo)

I picked up a set of wheel nuts and the black covers the other week as I've decided I wanted to put steel wheels on my car for the winter with winter tyres on. I'll also buy them in 135 section, so that if I take the car back to France it'll have a correct set for the CT!

Luckily for me they came from a scrap yard and I was buying a foglight and some other bits for Judiths twingo and also got a correct coloured ash tray at the same time, everything came to €30 for the lot!

If anyone needs a brown ash tray I now have one going spare :)

Here renault does not have any more the short nuts, just the long ones for about 5 euros each.
The short ones are sold for about the same price by franzose, melun and others...

A company called Off Road Only in Llandrindod Wells sells quad bike wheel nuts 10x1.25 either tapered of flat base for £1.50 each phone 01597 822666
Allan

The problem is, wheel nuts for standard R4 wheels are neither tapered nor flat...

Wheel nut taper

Good to hear it. I don't feel quite such a pillock now for forking out £100.

Only a small pillock.

Back