Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Oh damn! I might do something stupid tomorrow!

Niels Svane

Renault 4TL '83, 1B1 845cc engine, Ducellier diz
So, in the primary Danish classic car/motorcycle journal, I stumbled upon this quite lowkey advert.
It was about a Renault R4 F6...raised roof, rear windows, with towbar, rust is fixed, aaand only thing to do is fix the brakes that are stuck in storage and get it mot'ed and registered!

I'm seeing it first thing tomorrow and if all goes well my little Fidel 845cc berline gets a 1100 Fasa campervan sister!!!
I'm friggin' stoked!

Surely can’t really be a £1.4million price tag can iit?!!

Last edited:
Sunday discounts, now a more realistic sub £3000...but do suppose the £1.4 mil price would put other perspective buyers off Neils;)
Thats not too far off what an equivalent looking F6 are going for here in Spain on wallapop etc. right now

Surely can’t really be a £1.4million price tag can iit?!!
Haha, no he just wants people to come by before talking price ;)

Okay, so the car is quite tidy, just ugly and dented. It needs service on the brakes and the lighting, but seems doable.
What is not that good, is the rear right suspension mount need welding. Does any of you know if this is a task that can be done somewhat easily or if it is a multi thousand kind of job?
My local R4 guy says the body needs to be lifted to do the job properly, which seems quite an ordeal (I wont weld anything myself).
Any advice is good!

IMG_20221113_094325198_HDR.jpg IMG_20221113_094329437_HDR.jpg IMG_20221113_101544524_HDR.jpg IMG_20221113_101557563_HDR.jpg IMG_20221113_101601674_HDR.jpg

Have a look on this site here in Spain Niels, search cars/Renault 4f6, realise there obviously not local to you but if the starting point to your ad is @€3500 plus welding repairs, and looking at condition of load floor and wheel tubs etc plus other work to get roadworthy it looks quite a project, great if you want to take it on but as your see in these classifieds is it work that is really economically viable when you can get a good original or restored for what you would have to put into the example you looked at today
If link doesn’t work heres a few classifieds from site:-
There are higher priced ones (€3500+) but in reality just shinier paint...

Thanks, I'll look into importing one instead! I still have my current daily 4 that also needs to be kept running

I know that Slovenian R4 guru (Jan and Andrej Mlinar) doing this kind of repairs without removing body from chassis.
I do not know how they manage withot touching body whit grinder when removing chassis part and welding all back together.
Or they cut body as well but weld it back in such way you can not notice it was cut out

But definitly rear axle must be took away.

I have an identical one in Spain, but much more beaten up. Has the best designed front passenger seat that not only tips forward to get access into the rear (has a removeable rear bench seat, thus a true estate/van), but can also fold up into the footwell allowing even more access. I am afraid it used very much on dirt tracks, so I am forever re-building the front suspension. Saying that it is the very best vehicle for those roads. I just shouldn't drive it so fast over them. My advice is import one from Spain. They are very likely to have been well looked after by some old boy, and have little or no rust on them at all. Many of this variety were built in Spain, as they could carry four people.

I have an identical one in Spain, but much more beaten up. Has the best designed front passenger seat that not only tips forward to get access into the rear (has a removeable rear bench seat, thus a true estate/van), but can also fold up into the footwell allowing even more access. I am afraid it used very much on dirt tracks, so I am forever re-building the front suspension. Saying that it is the very best vehicle for those roads. I just shouldn't drive it so fast over them. My advice is import one from Spain. They are very likely to have been well looked after by some old boy, and have little or no rust on them at all. Many of this variety were built in Spain, as they could carry four people.
I'll either do that, grab one from BE or DE, OR get a dirt cheap Goelette from France :D Me and my buddy both love the Goelette and importing those to Denmark will never be a bad idea, as they are incredibly rare here.

Back