Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Old Renualt 4 van in need - Help! Where do I go?

Italian Jobesse

Enthusiast
My husband was lucky enough to be given a beautiful renault 4 van - this is a left hand drive beige van, once council owned i think becuase it's got a funny diagonal red stripe on the front and back. This is in Italy incidentally. Trouble is i need to try to find him a new rear lights lens cover. i have looked at some ads but really in need of finding some pretty quickly.
Please help advise me... i am pretty sure that the lens on the R4 car is different - this is moulded to go round the corner of the back of the van isn't it?
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in anticipation.

The van rear lights are different to the car I'm afraid. The F4 vans had rear lights more akin to the R4 car but still different. The later F6 van rear lights were completely different! Probably eBay would be your best bet or it *might* be worth trying Renault to see if they are still available...

have got some f4 ones if your stuck
f4 =bubble shape similar to car but not same
f6 = flat
let me know paul

Hi Mr Reno 139 Just rang my husband in Italy and it is an F4 - would be amazing if you could help. How much would you like for the rear left (as you look at it from behind) lens? i've not had any luck elsewhere but to be honest don't know many places to look! Not only that i might find myself chasing a gearbox... hope not! Not so easy to take in my luggage to Italy. It's surprising how many R4 cars there are in Italy, but not vans.
Let me know re the lens.
Thanks so much.
Jan

hi jan as im on pc will let you know that its good news and bad have found 2 lefts new (part number 7701007750)in box and one right s/hand how ever ns rear has been broken on mine so need one my self and would obviosly like to keep a spare myself particularly if no longer available
my friend has got a very rough/ scrap? 4 wheel drive f4van in his barn ican check next wednesday if any thing on that
how urgent are you as now you have a part number you can try renault
paul will ring you later

Good and bad

Hi Paul
Got your good and bad news. what a shame but then as you say at least i've a part number now. Will try elsewhere but if no luck then i'd definitely be interested to know if your friend's scrap F4 has one i could get. i assume this is just the lens and not the plate behind as well?
Jan

just tried to send pic via pm (cant be done)after failing to send pic from phone
just to prove they exist heres proof
let me know if new parts coming from france still

• IMAGE_011.jpg
    IMAGE_011.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 288
Amazing!

That's incredible! isn't it strange so many at once. And in answer to your question, yes, they're still sending them new from France. George Thomson is fantastic. He's so efficient.
Thank you anyway, and to all others who have helped with suggestions etc.
Jan

Back