Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

One month after the accident

galaxian

Enthusiast
Hi,

Do you remember my post of 12/02/2007 "barbarians" where I posted the fotos of my destroyed hood ?....

Well, here are the photos of my repaired 4L !! Doesn't she look nice ?
I guess I will have to paint the whole car now, because the difference in color with the rest of the car is impressive. The various parts took almost 2 weeks to be gathered. I am not really pleased with the sanding and painting job of the garage, but at least it's better than before.

Ole !

• repair 002.jpg
    repair 002.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 99
  • repair 005.jpg
    repair 005.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 98
  • repair 006.jpg
    repair 006.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 97
She looks lovely now. There are lots of different shades of beige used on the Renault 4, so maybe the paint shop chose the wrong one. Would look fantastic with a full respray - but a lot of work and money.

Thanks,

It's in my plans to proceed to a full respray, because I found four doors in very good condition which need to be re-painted anyway because the rear ones are red and the front ones white.

I was thinking to respray the roof myself in order to save some money. I think the roof is easier because it only needs a 1000 grade paper sanding and a thin coat of primer, wereas the rest of the car needs also some body work.

I'll post some photos as i progress, but i'll do it gradualy.

Regards
Phil

Back