Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Paging Mr Stanbury

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
Hi Ian, just wondering when you were getting back from France?

Apparently Ian has been having computer problems while in France - I don't know if he's got it going yet. My sources tell me he may be back in the UK later this week.

cheers claude, did wonder why it had gone all quiet on the posting side.

..As Garry Glitter once said..

..I am back but I have had a hugely difficult week 'sans ordinator' - Lost lots of bargains on Ebay, failed to collect 10 million euros on a Nigerian email scam, failed to get in touch with the steering wheel man in Lucon (See other thread Angel) and more importantly still, was unable to make any chutney in France with all the old apples so it will have to be Branston Pickle for all of you for another year.

Thanks for your concern Pepper (where are my wipers?), and thanks for your help Captain Van Rouge and of course the ever far away but the ever present Bluebell.

Anyone want to swap their R4 for a Masarati?

• Masareti.jpg
    Masareti.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 67
It's sooo nice to see you back, Ian. I was thinking of you the other day when I saw this vehicle in Mâcon. Just right for you popping back and forth to Le Vendée and bringing back the mirabelle jam.

Why did not having the l'ordinateur stop you making chutney? It's the opposite here, nothing gets done because of time spent on the computer!

What's an SM, John Doe. Obviously not what I think it means. :eek:

• boat-scooter.jpg
    boat-scooter.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 65
Owning a Citroen SM is probably fairly close to what you thought it meant. All the fun Citroen mechanical complication with a complex Maseratti engine thrown in for good measure. Fine vehicles, but not the easiest to look after.

..Sorry team..

..Not only cant I spell Maseratti, but without the 'puter, I couldnt look up how to make chutney...and so Branston pickle all around

And as I always say...we ought to say a big thank you to the man who invented Venetian Blinds as without him, it would be curtains for all of us!!

So now for some more art...(my own copyrighted stuff Malcolm!!)

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 65
..Wow thats an accolade Bluebell..

..Of course you can...as long as you send me a Christmas card!!

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 29
Hi Ian, glad to see your back. I shall post your wipers tomorrow morn first thing, didn't want to post em whilst you were away in case you get a silly postie like ours who knows you're away and saves them at the local sorting office for you, only for them to run out of time in the sorting office and get sent back to the originator!

..Not urgent Pepper..

..Just pulling your 'leggings' about the wiper blades, but it would be nice to have them in the next couple of weeks..

Why dont you fill all the nooks and crannies in your chassis with olive oil (Vierge Extra of course) like all the french Renault 4 owners do - If its good for us, it must be good for chassis and I find it bloody difficult to get off my frying pans, evening using hot water - and you know what happens to it when it get cold - Its absolutely impossible to get rid of!!

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 25
..And Pepper, how is the weather this evening?

..Has its started to snow with you yet - Its bloody chilly in London?

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 28
Olive oil sounds like a cunning plan. You might have started a new trend here. It's fairly odour free and will get into the all the seams, and also must be environmentally friendly so motorcyclists can't complain when they slip on it after it falls out of the chassis. I wonder what the downsides might be - do you thing it will attract termites or celebrity chefs?

Weathers cold but no snow here. I came home in the Morris Oxford this evening and froze as they deemed it uneccessary to fit a heater as standard equipment!

I'm spending the afternoon outside, I've got a massive hedge to lay for a friend, (it helps that I get the big wood out of the hedge though) I reckon we'll get a couple of chains done as long as its not too cold.

..A couple of 'Chains' Pepper..

..That may need some explaining in relation to 100 metres or the like to our continental chummies!!

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 23
Back