Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Pickup in Manche - urgent

paulandpat

Enthusiast
We went to have a look at this little pickup this afternoon. Its in a house that has been sold and needs to be emptied by Monday 13th December - effectively it needs shifting next weekend.
The back looks as if its been fabricated, possibly homemade, possibly by a local coachbuilder. It seems to be a fairly elderly one, and has been outdoors for some time. I've had a look at the underneath and it does not look beyond saving, the pickup bed sits on top of the chassis, and is ply of about 13 mm thickness - so access to the top of the chassis should be easy enough.
There are no papers with it, but the present owner of the house just wants it shifted.
If someone wants to rescue it, contact me via pm and we'll see if we can make the necessary arrangements.
It could be trailered here in order to lengthen the time needed to make collection arrangements, as long as the new owner is prepared to cover the cost of us collecting it, and the car is removed from here fairly soon afterwards - no later than Christmas ideally.
Too many projects here for us to take it on.
Will add some more photos later.

• IMGP1525.jpg
    IMGP1525.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 766
  • IMGP1526.jpg
    IMGP1526.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 751
  • IMGP1527.jpg
    IMGP1527.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 751
More photos

• IMGP1528.jpg
    IMGP1528.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 746
  • IMGP1530.jpg
    IMGP1530.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 745
  • IMGP1529.jpg
    IMGP1529.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 744
  • IMGP1531.jpg
    IMGP1531.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 787
  • IMGP1532.jpg
    IMGP1532.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 734
Wow, four-digit oval plate number! That must be very early!

We have struck a deal with the estate agent acting for the owners of the property, and are collecting the pickup together with a Massey Harris Pony diesel tractor, this Thursday. This will ensure at least temporarily that the pickup does not get chopped up for scrap.
We have neither the time, space or inclination to restore this car so it remains available to members of this forum for the cost of the fuel used to go and rescue it.

I will notify Bram as both he and i have early R2102 vans and it is worth saving for parts at least.

Note: its not that early as it has the later gear shift linkage, not the fixed knuckle type on the early,early gearbox

Well thanks to another local enthusiast with a Renault Master van and trailer this car is now back at our barn, still outside but at least safe from the scrapman temporarily.
Ed, the man with the van happily accepted €50 for transporting the car and the tractor back here, so if any one wants it for bits or to restore, first to arrive with half Ed's diesel money can take it away!:)
Otherwise we will probably put it on Ebay, and donate any money paid over and above the E Bay costs to charity.

Well thanks to another local enthusiast with a Renault Master van and trailer this car is now back at our barn, still outside but at least safe from the scrapman temporarily.
Ed, the man with the van happily accepted €50 for transporting the car and the tractor back here, so if any one wants it for bits or to restore, first to arrive with half Ed's diesel money can take it away!:)
Otherwise we will probably put it on Ebay, and donate any money paid over and above the E Bay costs to charity.

Best charity here would be Malcoms jig-fund!! -R.

Morning, what condition are the inner wings and bonet in please.

Michael

We've got a volunteer coming to rescue it in January - a member of this forum :), but I'll leave it to him to reveal himself!!

Note: its not that early as it has the later gear shift linkage, not the fixed knuckle type on the early,early gearbox

It seems to me from the photo that the gearbox has been replaced for the later "square" one. The carb appears to be a Zenith 28IF, i don't think it should be so equipped. But these are some inevitable modifications on a workhorse that old...

stranger in the midst

So is this early vehicle coming to the uk or staying in france? Is the buyer going to reveal them self? I am eager to know.

Michael

Who is it?

Anyone owned up to it yet? Come on! Whoever it is has got to be pretty awesome! It's such a cracking buy. If I'd had the money, means, and ability I would have been there.

ummmm...whos just finished there long standing project and is bored now....just released there finished project to the press....

thats my guess...

Could we have an idea as to what part of the country it is coming too?? i.e south east or north west if you dont want to say what county please

Idea...

I reckon that if it has been bought by someone in the South then this is what they will do with it.

And if they don't I want to know why not.

• 3909083087_44d3bc26dc_o.jpg
    3909083087_44d3bc26dc_o.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 150
What a brilliant idea, but no use in Aberdeen with your temperatures.

Mmm I'd love to be able to take something on like this to do up, but at the moment I haven't the time or TBH the inclination, when working 60 hour weeks I can't be fagged to anything when I get in.

Back