Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Picture of R4 with "Seral" Alloy Wheels - Anyone?

DavidN

Enthusiast
Has anyone by chance a picture of an R4 with these wheels mounted?
Seral 5X13

67107178_p.jpg

I was offered a set but I'm not able to imagine how the car will look like with them mounted. :roll:

Thanks!

David

Not seen that pattern on a car over here, they look very nice in a Renault Boutique kind of way.

Meanwhile I bought the set.
But I'm still not sure if they look good on my van.
I think I'll give it a try ...

• Seral-5x13.JPG
    Seral-5x13.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 783
I don't know whether I like 'em or not.

Even if I mounted 155's they look so - small - on my van. Almost like baby buggy wheels. :?
Plus I think I have to lower the front to gain a more harmonious look with the alloys.

(The other idea is to keep the height and mount the mud-tyres on the Seral wheels.)

I don't know, a difficult decision ...
:rolleyes:

• Seral-01.jpg
    Seral-01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Seral-02.jpg
    Seral-02.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Seral-03.jpg
    Seral-03.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 249
They dont look bad David, But i prefer the originals, Looks more man like and ready for action,

Hi David, I'm not sure about these wheels on your van. They do suit the modded blue car but they look small on your van, have you fitted low-profile tyres? I have to agree with reggie, the original wheels look more business-like and in keeping with the spirit of a commercial vehicle, which the van is. The others do look like they came off a baby-buggy:D

Thank you all for your thoughts! I'm still undecided what to do. :rolleyes:
The more I look on the pics with the new wheels mounted the more I think it just doesn't look right.

And - No, I didn't mount low-profile-tyres. :oops:
These are Continental EcoContact 155/70 (some kind of energy saver tyre).

As I like the look of the alloys a lot, I photoshopped the rims on my mud-tyres.

What do you think of this combination ... ?

• DSC_1614.jpg
    DSC_1614.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_1614a.jpg
    DSC_1614a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 202
David, It looks better, But its a van - Commercial, So the originals do it for me,
But its your tool, So go with what makes you happy,

Hi David, what a difference that makes, I'm warming to them now, but still prefer the original van wheels. But hey, whatever floats your boat my friend, and this is the great thing about the 4, it's a car you can mess about with, change modify and just have fun.

Okay Guys,

I changed back to the original steel rims and leave it for now.
What to do with the alloys - I'm still undecided.

Thanks for all your thoughts, I really appreciate your honest comments!

David

Finally I made up my mind and mounted the mud-tyres with the Seral alloy wheels.
I like it that way. For now. ;)

• R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 803
I think in combination with those mud-tires, this looks pretty awesome! Although your F6 looks a little "narrow" when it's so high on its wheels on the front. A friend of mine has an F6 too and his car is way lower on its wheels in the front.

Niiice...!
It looks really nice, let alone those rims are pretty rare.
Congrats.

Back