Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Possible sale of 4TL left hand drive (French reg.)

rogermunns

Enthusiast
I'm not sure whether I am going to keep my newly-acquired 4TL. Pressure from other half..............

1983 230000km (144000miles) One owner

Fantastic condition. I have purchased from bodyshop, who have done up the car for a friend (lives next door to bodyshop).
Paintwork (that beige-ish colour) is immaculate. Can't see rust of any significance. Had a good look around rear suspension mountings.
When I saw car it hadn't been moved for 3 weeks or so but started instantly and ticked over nicely.
Excellent tyres, nice clean interior, headlining might be new.
All I could see wrong were 3 missing window slider handles (easy fix, I'm told)
Can send photos to email if anyone interested.
Brand new French Controle Technique (MoT)
I pick up car tomorrow, can only ask limited questions 'cos of the language.

Car is in Bergerac, a long drive but I could get it up to a channel port (Le Havre for example).

Am looking for £1400 including delivery to North France. At a real pinch I suppose I could get it into Portsmouth, but I'm unsure about the logistics of bringing it over.

roger.munns@gmail.com

0033 553 61 03 77

While I know it's me that's selling and I'm bound to say this ------- really, the paintwork is immaculate. I don't know the history of the car but what the bodyshop man told me is that he has restored the bodywork for a neighbour. It looks to me that the bodywork shop have had the car for some time and worked on the car over a long period. I reckon the bodywork was tired and, I suppose, must have had some rust (which can't have been much and which has been very well treated).

I've had a good look underneath. There is no rust of any concern (a little bit on a few bits of surface. See a couple of the photos). I don't think it has been involved in any accident (no creases of any sort). Where the wings are attached and also where bodypanels join -- absolutely immaculate.

In truth the photos don't properly convey the quality and shine of the paint. Any spots you can see are flies; lovely sunny day.

I've driven the car for about 25km. It runs well, nothing to get too concerned about. Naturally, at 25 years and 231000km it's not like a new car. I ran at 80km/h and it was happy. I think it is running a little rich 'cos after slowing down, say for a roundabout, then it coughs for 2 or 3 seconds as you accelerate away. Simple adjustment of carburettor, I'll do that.

The CT was done on 14/10/08, there were 5 problems which needed doing. Couple of bulb faults, brake adjustments. These were sorted and a second CT done later same day. This 'contre-visit' shows just handbrake not up to scratch. This is 'sans obligation'. Again, I'll have a look at it.

I haven't opened the bonnet - don't know how!

Seats are good, floorpan is good. Headlining excellent. Everything seems to work. Tyres are good, spare looks fine.

• RIMG0499.jpg
    RIMG0499.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 650
  • RIMG0500.jpg
    RIMG0500.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 649
  • RIMG0507.jpg
    RIMG0507.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 664
  • RIMG0508.jpg
    RIMG0508.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 669