Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Powderham Classic car show

The dates for Powderham this year are Saturday7th/ Sunday8th, July 2012.

It is the 39th historic vehicle gathering for th crash box and classic car club, and i am putting together a Renault classic car display and inviting club members to join me for the day or weekend.
The show will take place in the grounds of Powderham castle Kenton Nr exeterwith outstanding views overlooking the river Exe towards Exmouth.
You can tour the castle and grounds, go on the club run in the evening and sunday morning run
There is overnight camping for those who want to camp from Friday onwards £15.00 per pitch .
Saturday evening we would all get together at a local pub for a meal and a drink.

The show has a wonderful atmosphere with fun and games with plenty going on during the day to keep everyone busy. There are veteran, vintage and classic cars, motorcycles, lorries,tractors,fire engines, traction engines, steamers, car club stands trade stands autojumble displays creft stalls childrens entertainment and refreshments
In the evenings there is entertainment in the beer tent , and outside you can keep warm beside the giant steam engines that are working the power.An added attraction this year is the formula 1 experience

Members of the Renault Classic Car Club and The Renault Owners Club will be invited and non members who want to bring their Renault Cars are more than welcome.
i am estimating between 20 & 30 classic renaults attending including quite a few Renault 4's

I will pay for the entry but the camping will have to paid by yourselves at £15 per pitch .
The entry will include 1 car and 2 persons.
If you would like to attend please contact me as soon as possible as i have to book the right size pitch for our stand.

Al proceeds from this show go to Cancer Charity Force and local charities.

Contact Robert on 01395 271116, 07970556163, speedwayrob@hotmail.com

Oh bother! two great shows the same weekend. Powderham is a brilliant show, probably the best in the southwest I would say, there is so much to see, and a great atmosphere too. So glad to hear you have got a pitch this year Rob, I enjoyed taking Marigold along two years ago. But then there is Beulieu and the Simply French Weekend. Such a shame they are both on at tha same time.

Hi Tom,

Robert is looking for R4s to go on display at the show as its the 50th year of the 4 (in the UK before everyone says no its not that was last year).

I spoke to him today and hes got about 8 plus some other classic Renaults.

If you would like to display it then give him a call on:
01395 263381 or 01395 271116

and if anyone else wants to display there old Renault

see you there Tom

What a washout! Sadly this year's show has been rained off in a spectacular fashion.
I didn't make it all the way there, but Renault4mad was there last night and saw the devastation. I'm sure he'll post about it in time.
For my part, I made it to just outside Honiton before messing up a river crossing on a side road (the A30 was closed). I stalled in water deeper than the floor of the car; getting water in the air filter, the distributor and the radiator fan. By some miracle Felicia started again, but began running worse and worse. Then the temperature warning light came on and I had to stop. Renault4mad helped me to get her running again by cleaning the distributor cap, and told me that the show was off :( So I turned around and drove home using the spare radiator fan fortuitously installed by the previous owners to stop her overheating in the very slow traffic. I'm just glad I made it home in one piece - an 'amber' flood warning is not to be taken lightly!

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. I was working at CamperJam which turned into a sea of mud with all the rain. Not much fun at all.

486221_383559248364036_1626046613_n.jpg

Back